- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 pounds of pears-peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add first six ingredients and cook five minutes.
- Place the pear mixture in a two quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon flour into a measuring cup. Combine flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place bread in a food processor until it’s reduced to about 3/4’s cup of crumbs. Stir breadcrumbs and nuts into flour mixture.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over pear mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly browned.
- Spoon into small serving dishes and top with a dollop of whipping cream.
Recipe from WITN's Cookin' In The Morning