Updated: 3:11 PM
- It is something each of us does every year: renew the registration on your vehicle and pay taxes on it. But have you ever wondered how the state appraises your vehicle to determine how much you're taxed?
- Rising sea levels will mean extreme floods along the coast of the Carolinas in coming years with billions of dollars in property in danger according to new reports from a nonprofit group of scientists.
- It is summer time so a little extra cash flow would be nice. But beware of a new scam that promises you easy money. It turns out you may be helping these folks shuttle illegal goods around.
- While it is summer time now, plenty of students are gearing up for college. That preparation may mean looking for scholarships to help pay for their education. But beware: scholarships are a new target for scammers.
- Chrysler says it is recalling 651,000 Jeep and Dodge SUVs in the U.S. because vanity mirror lights that have undergone repairs can short circuit and start a fire if not reassembled correctly.
- A survey by the Department of Education suggests it may matter less whether your alma mater is public or private than what you study - math and science in particular earning recent graduates the most money.
- Now that a hurricane has hit eastern North Carolina, we have clean up to do.You may have been expecting to see a scam alert about crooks taking advantage of people who need help. Here it is.
- While there are several charities doing good work everyday, the Better Business Bureau says some scammers have learned the quickest way to pull your purse strings is to tug on your heart strings.