State Legislature Considering Alcohol Sales On Sunday

Should you be able to buy alcohol on Sundays? The state legislature is now considering that very question.

State Senator Clark Jenkins, who represents Edgecombe and Pitt Counties, introduced a bill to allow ABC stores to sell alcohol on Sundays. The bill still allows local ABC boards to decide what days they want to be closed.

• by ThreeDaysAndThreeNights Location: USA on Mar 13, 2011 at 02:49 PM
    Mathew 12:40 Three days and Three Nights- Eastern usage of this term differs from our western usage. Any part of a day is counted as a whole day, hence the expression "three days and three nights" does not mean literally three whole days, but at least one whole day plus part of two other days.
  • by Cliff Location: Altoona, AL on Mar 12, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    Nikki, I Am A Christian And If I Offended You, Then I APOLOGIZE TO YOU!! However, I DO NOT Want A Certain "Religious" Group (Evangelical Fundalmentalists) Telling The Rest Of Us What To Do!! Yes, I'm From Alabama,,,,The MOST IGNORANT STATE IN AMERICA Thanks To Fundalmentalists Like Judge Roy Moore!!..Our Liqour Laws Are The Most Backwards In The Country, You Can't Buy Any Alcohol On Sunday Except In The Birmingham Area And Huntsville (The Most Intellgent City In The State!) I Don't Want To See North Carolina Go Down The Same Path!!! Again Nikki, My Apologies. THanks!
  • by god only knows Location: in the tar pitt on Mar 11, 2011 at 04:17 PM
    Oh, heaven forbid liquor stores be open on Sundays!!! Who cares if it's sunday, it's just any other day, like Monday or Tuesday!! I say YES... This state needs the money and the people deserve the right to by liquor reguardless of the day of week. No Religious beliefs should infringe on my right or your right to by a bottle of liquor!
  • by Ethel Location: BC on Mar 11, 2011 at 04:07 PM
    Anything For A Buck North Carolina.
  • by To Fact Bringer on Mar 11, 2011 at 03:58 PM
    I don't care who buys what on any day, but I do however care that YOU are blaspheming my Lord Jesus Christ. Christians have kept quiet too long. We need to start standing up for OUR rights to do and say whatever we want. I have NEVER "pushed" my faith on anyone, but when someone makes negative remarks about it, it ANGERS me. If you are Atheist that is fine, I will still pray for you and everyone else in the world like I do everyday. Having said that, your thoughts and me offending you with speaking about our Lord shows me you truly need prayer. Not sure who said it but it was once said, If I believe in it and am wrong and die, oh well, but if you do not believe and I am right, I am sorry for you.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Mar 11, 2011 at 02:31 PM
    Pope pius the tenth changed it from friday night sundown till sat night sundown to sundeay to make it more conveniant for the people.when asked by whose authority did he change it his reply if I didn't have the authority then why do you worship on sunday.
  • by To Truth on Mar 11, 2011 at 02:29 PM
    If Christ was crucified on Friday, how was He in the grave for three days and three nights as Jesus said in Matthew 12:40?
  • by Fact Bringer Location: Greenville on Mar 11, 2011 at 02:22 PM
    I know that a lot of folks believe that God doesn't want them to drink on Sunday (or Saturday, or whatever) but those of us who do not believe in talking snakes or a man sitting inside a whale's mouth for 3 days, would love to allow for rational thinkers to purchase whatever they'd like on Sundays. If Jesus threatens you with the wrath of the Lord (who apparently loves you, but is jealous, wrathful, and often shows autistic traits apparently) you can let him know that you refrained from drinking alcohol on Sunday and didn't need to lean on state law in order to do so.. if it's your faith, that's fine but don't rely on state law to protect you from liquor.
  • by To saved and ready Location: Greenville on Mar 11, 2011 at 02:10 PM
    Isn't God love??? Where is the love? They are to know we are Christians buy are love. Besides Jesus drank wine. His first miracle was turning water into wine. So what is wrong with a drink?
  • by truth Location: greenville on Mar 11, 2011 at 01:52 PM
    TO Saved n Ready , no disagreements I just want everyone to know the truth. See you in Heaven

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117787303 - witn.com/a?a=117787303