Gas Prices Falling But Not Fast Enough

Gas prices are dropping slowly and they are expected to continue falling, but many drivers we spoke to say the price at the pump isn't dropping fast enough for them.

According to Triple-A, the price of a gallon of crude oil dropped $15.00 last week, bringing the cost below $100.00 a barrel. That would equate to a drop of 35 cents at the pump, but other factors such as supply and demand, have it going down slower than that.

For some drivers, filling up can cost about $100.00 dollars, which they say is frustrating.

The average cost for regular in NC is $3.86. Last year at this time it was $2.85 a year ago.

• by Lee Location: NC on May 10, 2011 at 07:57 PM
    It was Senator Obama , Who blamed President G W Bush for the 2008 high gas price. What a hypocrit Obama is ! Who is Obama going to blame now?
  • by Wolfgang Location: Chocowinity,NC on May 10, 2011 at 07:34 PM
    Since Obama blamed President Bush when gas prices spiked back in 2008. Who is Obama going to blame now? - G W Bush again?
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on May 10, 2011 at 04:26 PM
    Gotta love the reality of gas prices...Obama says we are pumping more than we ever have...man, the guy who owns this problem really can tell a lie. Does he owe BP that much for his support to get elected? Well, we don't pump half what we used to. It all started with Carter and now will end with Obama. They are trying to price us into the alternative fuel market. They bought into the the expensive alternatives and forcing us in the name of the environment. Gas prices will soar around Memorial day to cover the new EPA mixtures for each states regulations. Well, all those new EPA jobs have to be paid for. My point, good bye bama...when gas is $5 a gallon, your are running, the economy sucks...do they still have your ole job position open? Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 03:15 PM, while I don't like oil companies, they are accountable to audits and always pass...they are allowed an 8% profit for their shareholders, which could be you or me, depending on your 401K. Speculators, well, the run with this when we stop drilling, why not, we just gave them the pass to speculate and drive them up even higher...and government, makes more tax money off the gas tax so you got that right. Some of you might like being lied to...good luck with that, I don't have the time of day for the liar. And for you liberals, you support either the biggest uninformed, out of touch president, or liar, than any in history. You gotta realize, video will catch you and the new media will call you out on it. This fleecing is brought to you by the dnc re election campaign, hope and change, we believe, alternative energy and the EPA. And the economy struggles, unemployment is back up...the middle class and the poor struggle....nice job boys, you should be proud of your achievement...we do really believer what you had in mind.....
      by Stan on May 10, 2011 at 05:53 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
      Yes, President Obama needs to utilize all the resources we currently have available and at the same time research and develope new forms of energy.
      by Kevin on May 10, 2011 at 06:06 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
      Obama Snake Oil still stuck in the same gear....reverse. Please explain why the GOP will opt to support the Big Oil Companies but turn their backs on the middle class. Anyone with common sense can see who's side they are on. Pull that Tin Foil Hat from over your eyes, maybe at least you can see something, we all know your brain in infested with Gamma Rays for planet Zulu XP-101. Beam him up Scotty, he's toast! http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/04/video-oil-subsidies-hypocrisy/
  • by Waldo on May 10, 2011 at 03:11 PM
    Strange that oil prices started creeping up right after the November 2010 election when the GOP gained control. And started to alledgedly drop in price per barrel just after President Obama announced his Oil and Gas Fraud Team.
  • by Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    I don't think it is as much the middle east fault as it is the speculators, grovernment, and oil companys faults.
  • by US-First Location: Greenville on May 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    So where is it dropping again? It only seems to be going up in Greenville. Perhaps check the facts locally before titling and article like this.
      by shannen on May 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM in reply to US-First
      Well I know here in Jacksonville, NC just the other day unleaded was $3.98 depending on what gas station you go to. Now whether or not the prices have gone I don't know. I think that it is a crime the prices we are paying at the pump. I heard that gas in Orlando, Fl was over $5.00. It is all about the MONEY!!!! I think it is cheaper to buy a bike.
        by Really? on May 10, 2011 at 01:10 PM in reply to shannen
        Over $5 at the Watergate Exxon in DC and averaging around $4.10 in most of Alexandria, VA. It was interesting the other day as I drove from DC to Greenville and back to notice "cheep gas" areas on I-95, most without reason. Like at VA border it was 20 cents cheaper than in Emporia. Of course, I had to fill up in Tarboro on the way back, they always have the cheapest gas!
  • by Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    here is a plan for the middle east. They want to charge us 100 or 115 for a barrel of oil well I say charge them the same for a bushel of wheat.
      by jerry on May 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM in reply to
      Now there`s an idea, trade `em a bushel for a barrel.
  • by Wolfgang Location: Chocowinity,NC on May 10, 2011 at 06:46 AM
    Where are all the Dumborat Libitards like Whoopi Goldberg? Sean Penn? Janeane Garofalo? on David Letterman's TV show blaming G W Bush for the high gas prices? It is not Wall St , not the speculators , or not oil company profits, it is all the war criminal Bush's fault. Oh I forgot sorry my loss of memory Obama has been President since Jan - 2009. Hope N Change's gas high prices is a Obama Blessing.
      by Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 02:55 PM in reply to Wolfgang
      Spoken like a true Birther/Conspiracy Guru. Lets see, who was it that supported the Big Oil company with tax breaks? A Record that Speaks for Itself: GOP Votes to Support Big Oil 7 Times this Congress.. http://news.tradingcharts.com/futures/5/4/158366645.html
      by Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 02:57 PM in reply to Wolfgang
  • by Drive to Washington on May 10, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    Gas is always cheaper in Washington and is 3.70 in some places in town now!
      by Wilma; Greenville on May 10, 2011 at 11:58 AM in reply to Drive to Washington
      With all due respect, having gas at 3.70 is no reason at all to celebrate. Even if something were to happen now to bring gas to 3.00 a gallon, it's still twice as high as it should ever be. We are being "conditioned" to accept these high prices, right before our very eyes. To me, it's downright unacceptable and I do anything and everything to drive as little as possible.
        by Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM in reply to Wilma; Greenville
        great point glad some people are thinking
        by jerry on May 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM in reply to Wilma; Greenville
        Absolutely right, the same tactic the oil thugs have used for years. The price drops a little and everyone says "whooptedooo". Then we drive more, and the fleecing continues.
        by Drive to Washington on May 10, 2011 at 01:04 PM in reply to Wilma; Greenville
        Umm yeah, Wilma I was not celebrating, just stating the facts. Do you honestly think that I'm excited that it costs me over $60 to fill my gas tank up? Geez, get with the program!
          by Wilma; Greenville on May 10, 2011 at 01:55 PM in reply to Drive to Washington
          Yes, I understand that completely. And, I'm very aware of the program and how it works. Thanks for checking up on that. Next time, don't sound so excited that it costs $3.70 per gallon. The bottom line is that it still costs an arm and a leg even if it was a dollar per gallon less.
  • by greenville mom on May 10, 2011 at 05:59 AM
    I have yet to see any decrease in gas prices. I live in Greenville, and maybe the price of the barrel has gone down, but not here. I did a lot of traveling this weekend from the central southern part of the state to the central western part of the state. Guess what? Greenville was the most expensive by far. I can buy gas .11 cheaper in Kinston. Why? Talk about a rip off. It is my feeling that the gas stations here in Greenville, knew that business was going to drop because the students would be leaving so rather then droping them they kept them the same. It's all about profit baby. Have to line those pockets with green. Well, I guess someone has to get rich, sure won't be me.
      by Anonymous on May 10, 2011 at 06:46 AM in reply to greenville mom
      Greenville gas won't go down until the college students leave this summer. As long as they are in town to buy the high gas, it will stay high.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121540149 - witn.com/a?a=121540149