Is There Another Stimulus Package In The Works?

Now that the election is over, Congress could consider a new stimulus package.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to call congress into a lame-duck session to pass another stimulus program for the embattled economy. A stimulus earlier this year sent out checks to many taxpayers in hopes they would spend the money and, *stimulate* the economy.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Buzz Location: right here on Dec 20, 2008 at 06:38 PM
    I want the government to buy me a mercedes for Christmas. after all I deserve it. Oh yea, that's right we now have to take care of everybody from cradle to grave, that's part of socialism. Merry Christmas, Buzz
  • by D'Ann Location: Grand Rapids Michigan on Nov 25, 2008 at 02:25 PM
    Is there gonna be another Stimulus check before christmas comes? I hope so, cause I wanna give my son a very special christmas
  • by Ms. B Location: Cleveland on Nov 10, 2008 at 04:13 PM
    Yes we should get another stimulus check and very soon, in time before the christmas holiday so people can spend the money and not save any to boost the economy before the 2008 year is over.
  • by Devil Dog Location: New Bern on Nov 9, 2008 at 05:06 PM
    To Confused... 65 was retirement age and 72 was life expectancy years ago. The point being, people retire younger today and live longer. This trend cannot continue because only 3 people are paying into the fund for every 1 that retires. Either the age for retirement will have to be extended based on life expectancy, people who retire at 55 cannot draw early (age 62) Social Security but must wait until age 65, or more money must be put in to the fund by those working and those who already retired. I retired at age 43 from the military with a monthly pension, age 55 from civil service with a pension, and started drawing Social Security at age 62. I'm alive and kicking!!!! I'm now waiting for VA benefits.
  • by pay up Location: nc on Nov 9, 2008 at 04:29 PM
    I'll put my additional stimulus check if I get one in the savings account with the first one so I'll have it when they want me to pay it back and pay some more.
  • by TO BOOTS Location: FROM VOTER on Nov 9, 2008 at 04:26 PM
    Been there done that. Did you see the date 2007? That means it's a copy and not an authentic birth certificate. Check out contrariancommentary.blogspot.com Make sure you go back to October when the suit was filed.
  • by Confused Location: Havelock on Nov 9, 2008 at 04:03 PM
    Devil Dog, are writing from a place beyond, or are you still alive, " I remember when i drew medicare at 65 and lived to be 72?" that does not make any sense...im confused arent you still drawing medicare?!!
  • by tasha Location: jacksonville on Nov 9, 2008 at 02:09 PM
    to all you angry people if you get a stimulus check just tear it up dont spend it that will show obama, yea right you guys will be the first one in line at the bank then you will back to hating the next day.
  • by Devil Dog Location: New Bern on Nov 9, 2008 at 12:00 PM
    CONGRESS better stimulate themselves and fix MEDICARE. I remember when a person drew MEDICARE at age 65 and lived to be 72. Now government/state employees retire at 55 and live to be 78. 40% of the people do not pay federal taxes, and the other 60% can't support MEDICARE,MEDICAID and other entitlement programs. Instead of giving billions to the union workers at GM,Ford, and Chrysler, for producing a non-competetive product, look at other areas for those CITIZENS who built this country. EVERY government agency needs a bi-partison study to determent what cuts are necessary. BIGGER government is not the answer.
  • by Walt Location: Jacksonville on Nov 9, 2008 at 05:25 AM
    Voter, now you know why that haven't ceeded there Senatorial positions.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 34002799 - witn.com/a?a=34002799
Gray Television, Inc.