- Burger King says it's struck a deal to buy Tim Hortons Inc. for about $11 billion. The corporate headquarters of the new company will be in Canada, which means it will avoid the higher tax rates charged in the U.S.
- As the world of social media grows, scammers are finding new ways into your newsfeeds and computer windows. Now the Better Business Bureau says those scammers are using Instagram to bait victims.
- If you're looking for a way to help families in your community, Bojangles' is giving you an opportunity this Saturday, August 9th from 2:00pm to 6:00pm with a statewide "Stuff the Bus" drive.
- A statement from ECU says their preliminary analysis of the proposed state budget shows the legislature "responded positively" to concerns about budget cuts that would have had detrimental impacts on the Brody School of Medicine.
- Millions of dollars in health insurance rebates will be coming to consumers in North Carolina from companies the government says spent too much of premium dollars on profits and red tape last year.
- Some senators want to give more choices to most North Carolina counties in how they can generate extra revenues through local sales taxes, while scaling back authority for some of the state's largest counties.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777