- Parks and Recreation Director Gary Fenton says they're reaching out to the public, asking for their input on how to improve it. Fenton says they're considering camping opportunities, zip lines, boat rentals and BMX ramps.
- Millions of dollars in health insurance rebates will be coming to consumers in North Carolina from companies the government says spent too much of premium dollars on profits and red tape last year.
- A man armed with a rifle and a handgun crashed a stolen SUV through a garage, and then attempted to carjack vehicles on Colorado's Interstate 70 near Genesee Wednesday before being tackled by a Jefferson County deputy.
- Some senators want to give more choices to most North Carolina counties in how they can generate extra revenues through local sales taxes, while scaling back authority for some of the state's largest counties.
- A Central California company has issued a voluntary nationwide recall of specific lots of its fresh peaches, plums, nectarines and pluots over concerns of possible listeria contamination.
- Acts that made it through the auditions on "America's Got Talent" are back to try to advance to next week's start of the live shows. But, that means getting through 'Judgment Week'.