North Carolina High School Coach Apologizes For Confrontation

A Winston-Salem high school coach has apologized, after a 15-year-old student recorded the coach and another official in a profanity-laced confrontation over text messages that the coach sent to a 16-year-old female student, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.

The paper reports, Mike Muse, a coach at East Forsyth High School, has apologized to the male student and his parents. He also said he has been disciplined, although officials wouldn't say what action was taken.

The recording, which took place January 19, was made after the student, Dillon Tschenko, confronted Muse over text messages that the coach sent to a female student. Muse says that the sent texts were about her grades.

Also in the recording, Kernersville Police Officer James Deeney can be heard warning the the teen, that a student who previously accused a teacher of sexual misconduct earlier in the school year couldn't return to school because other students would beat him up.

Tschrnko's parents released the recording because they said the school system appeared to be taking no action.

• by Anonymous on Feb 4, 2012 at 04:25 PM
    WITN is responsible for the content that is placed on this website... blaming someone else went out of style in middle school
  • by LCR Location: ENC on Feb 3, 2012 at 02:40 PM
    This story has totally confused me, did I read it right the student has accused another teacher of the same thing? And why does a teacher have her number to begin with? Please re write this article with more information when you get it or should I say better information!
  • by Student on Feb 3, 2012 at 08:51 AM
    That guy is a snooty little mamas boy that will do anything to get someone (or a teacher) he doesn't like in trouble. The teacher wasn't even really doing anything wrong and he should have been minding his own business.
      by Anonymous on Feb 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM in reply to Student
      What is a male teacher doing with a female students cell number in the first place? It is not common for teachers to text students, theres more to this story I bet...
  • by SierraLeigh Location: Jax on Feb 3, 2012 at 08:13 AM
    I read this because it was a Winston Salem school where I grew up & I was curious if it was a school in the area where I went to school. But I agree that this is a very choppy badly writen story. I so wish I had taken journalism. I'd love to replace even just one of the writers with the papers we have floating around here. LOL!
  • by Rest of story Location: Greenville on Feb 3, 2012 at 08:03 AM
  • by Rick Location: Ayden on Feb 3, 2012 at 06:28 AM
    This story doesn't make any sense. It needs to be re-written or have dramatic recreation done!
  • by Brett Location: NC on Feb 3, 2012 at 06:23 AM
    This story was weak. Please fill in the blanks.
  • by huh? on Feb 3, 2012 at 06:02 AM
    i read this 3 times and still cant seem to get any heads and tails to this story? its very unclear and seems to be missing alot of info. then they wont even say what the coach's so called disiplinary actions were?
  • by Lisa Location: Farmville on Feb 3, 2012 at 03:37 AM
    You're right, this article is missing key information. It's not clear.
      by yep... on Feb 3, 2012 at 04:19 AM in reply to Lisa
      Get used to this kind of reporting here. A pile of partially reported garbage seems more important than a stack of well-researched reports.
        by J on Feb 3, 2012 at 07:38 AM in reply to yep...
        It is an AP report if you read the bottom.
          by Anonymous on Feb 3, 2012 at 02:04 PM in reply to J
          Agreed, I find it funny that all of these people trash WITNs journalism but can't even read that to know that its not them writing the story.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 3, 2012 at 02:38 AM
    I can't make any sense of this article.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138627704 - witn.com/a?a=138627704