Hoke County School: 2 Other Students Involved In Lunch Controversy

RAEFORD, N.C. (AP) -- A North Carolina school says it was three children, not one, who were given a cafeteria meal when a teacher deemed their packed lunch was lacking.

Hoke County Schools Assistant Superintendent Bob Barnes said Wednesday two more 4-year-olds got bad direction last month from a teacher who should have known better.

Barnes says the three brought lunches to eat at West Hoke Elementary School in Raeford.

The pre-kindergarten class teacher should have given the children whatever was missing to round out their meal and meet federal dietary guidelines. Barnes said the children instead were sent to get chicken nuggets.

The mother of one of the children did not return calls to The Associated Press seeking comment. Diane Zambrano told FoxNews she resents the school deciding what her child should eat.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140076083 - witn.com/a?a=140076083
Gray Television, Inc.