Did You Hear A Boom Wednesday Afternoon?

Did you hear a boom Wednesday afternoon?

People reported just that in Lenoir County, in communities like Kinston and La Grange.

We checked with emergency officials, and so far, they haven't determined what might have caused the noise. There are no reports of any explosions or other events that might have caused it.

The same reports happened in recent weeks in Wayne County. It was the same situation there, with no clear cause to the noise.

Some speculated that the noise may be sonic booms from military jets.

• by Shirley Latham Baker on Jan 31, 2012 at 05:51 AM
    Yes I live in Slatestone Hills Sub Division. The High School is right behind my house.
  • by Washington Location: Washington on Jan 29, 2012 at 05:06 AM
    Don't know if anyone is still posting here, but Friday morning at 4:30am I heard steady booms. Nothing to rock the house. More like distant gunfire. But real steady. About 30 times in a row. I know this part sounds like I am trolling, but honest to God, there was a pulsing light associated with it. A friend of mine says it might have been a transformer blowing up, but all the street lights were fine. Anyone else see/hear that strange event in Washington?
      by Shirley Latham Baker on Jan 30, 2012 at 09:15 PM in reply to Washington
      These booms woke me up at about 4:30 in the morning. My grandson and myself heard them and saw the light associated with it. It was scary. Does anyone have an explanatiom for them?
        by Washington on Jan 31, 2012 at 03:27 AM in reply to Shirley Latham Baker
        No, I have no explanation. I drove out to where I think it happened, but I can't see anything. I live near the high school, are you out this way too?
          by Washington on Jan 31, 2012 at 08:25 AM in reply to Washington
          Well now that I know I am not crazy and I wasn't dreaming, I am going to see if I can figure out what it was. We are probably neighbors because I live in Slatestone Hills also (Morlock). I will let you know if I find anything out.
  • by Anonymous Location: Goldsboro on Jan 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    Has anyone notices all the chem trails lately ?? Connected ??? Harp???? strange sounds going on all over the world something is going on
  • by Anonymous Location: Clinton on Jan 26, 2012 at 08:38 AM
    SOLAR STORMS!!!!@@@@??? OH MY!!!!
  • by Hardrock Location: Grifton on Jan 26, 2012 at 05:38 AM
    The cause was discovered this morning at the gas station on North Queeen street in Kinston. It was a 1991 Crown Victoria with 26 inch wheels and a boom boom system blairing out vulgarity by some rap artist name unknown. That had to be it as little old ladies were scrambling to turn their hearing aids down and others were plugging their ears with whatever they could find. Thank goodness the driver quickly added his four dollars of fuel and sped away to share this beautiful sound with the rest of Lenoir County. Mystery Solved !
  • by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2012 at 04:45 AM
    It's Gingrich building his moon colony!
      by Hardrock on Jan 26, 2012 at 03:48 PM in reply to
      Let's hope that is correct and he will allow obuma to relocate there.
        by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2012 at 05:53 PM in reply to Hardrock
        I'd be happy if he took all of Washington.
  • by Donna on Jan 26, 2012 at 04:25 AM
    These booms have been going on for a while and no one seems to know what is causing them. I remember as a child (in the 60's) planes from SJAFB would break the sound barrier & a lot of times it would crack windows in our house. Would make my dad so mad. Of course they have now been banned. I don't know what is causing the booms but they do remind me of the planes. It's just really odd that no one can explain them.
  • by Nicki Location: Minaj on Jan 26, 2012 at 01:16 AM
    Boom, badoom, boom, he got that super bass!
  • by c-had Location: police state nc on Jan 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    I bet you dont hear anymore.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 25, 2012 at 07:57 PM
    I live in Sumter County, South Carolina. I heard and felt it. My house shook and rattled.
      by drsgfire on Jan 26, 2012 at 05:40 AM in reply to
      Sumter is pretty close to 8 miles from Shaw AFB. LaGrange is pretty close to 8 miles from Seymour AFB. Weird. Do you recall what time it was?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138050833 - witn.com/a?a=138050833