DALLAS (AP) -- Dallas megachurch pastor T.D. Jakes says a last-minute change of plans saved him from being killed in a natural gas explosion at his home.
Jakes told thousands at Sunday's service at his church - The Potter House - that he would have been getting dressed near the blast last week had he not suddenly had the feeling he should call off a planned meeting.
Instead, he wasn't anywhere close to the blast centered in a sunroom of his house in Fort Worth. No one was injured
Fire Department Lt. Kent Worley said Sunday that investigators ruled the blast accidental. He said the sunroom had a gas-fired pool heater and a large gas-fired barbecue grill.
Jakes praised God for keeping him safe and described his situation as "inconvenient, but alive."
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.