Recipe: Blueberry Granola Bites
Courtesy: Growing Up Fit
Yield: 21 bites
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup peanut butter
1 cup oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Dry out the blueberries: Heat oven to 225 degrees, and bake berries on parchment-lined baking sheet until shriveled. About two hours. Let cool.
2. Mix together the honey and peanut butter in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, crispy rice cereal, and dry blueberries.
4. Pour the honey-peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Scoop out one tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball, and place on an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet.
6. Let bites chill in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
Nutrition Analysis Per Bite: Calories: 70; Total Fat: 2 grams; Sodium: 24 mg; Carbohydrates: 12 grams; Dietary Fiber: 1 gram, Protein 1 gram
• The small bites make portion control easy.
• Other dried fruit such as cranberries could be substituted instead of blueberries.
• Adding chopped nuts such as almonds to the bites would give them a little crunch.
• Kids can help with mixing the ingredients and scooping out the bites onto the cookie sheet.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.