Recipe: Blueberry Granola Bites
Courtesy: Growing Up Fit
Yield: 21 bites
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup peanut butter
1 cup oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Dry out the blueberries: Heat oven to 225 degrees, and bake berries on parchment-lined baking sheet until shriveled. About two hours. Let cool.
2. Mix together the honey and peanut butter in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, crispy rice cereal, and dry blueberries.
4. Pour the honey-peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Scoop out one tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball, and place on an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet.
6. Let bites chill in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
Nutrition Analysis Per Bite: Calories: 70; Total Fat: 2 grams; Sodium: 24 mg; Carbohydrates: 12 grams; Dietary Fiber: 1 gram, Protein 1 gram
• The small bites make portion control easy.
• Other dried fruit such as cranberries could be substituted instead of blueberries.
• Adding chopped nuts such as almonds to the bites would give them a little crunch.
• Kids can help with mixing the ingredients and scooping out the bites onto the cookie sheet.