A family has escaped an early morning mobile home fire.
Fire officials said three crews were called to a mobile home on River Road in Craven County around 3 a.m. Wednesday.
A man, his pregnant wife and their four-year-old son escaped the fire. The woman said she heard popping sounds and smelled smoke, and the family then escaped the house. No one was injured.
The home is a total loss.
Craven County Emergency Management Director Stanley Kite says it appears the fire started from coals that had been cleaned out of the wood stove and put on the front porch.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.