Chef Jeff Yourdon from Lenoir Community College spiced things up again on WITN News at Sunrise Friday. The focus is on Super Bowl 43 Food. Chef Jeff created recipes with themes around the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals, along with great football food.
"Jumpin' Fitzgerald" Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
-2 tablespoons butter
-1/3 cup chopped celery
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
-1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
-1 1/2 cups chicken broth
-2/3 cup white rice
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
-1 bay leaf
-2 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
1. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add celery, onion and green bell pepper and saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, thyme or basil, garlic salt, ground black pepper, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
2. Bring all to a boil; reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chicken or turkey and cook until heated through. Discard bay leaf and serve hot.
Super Bowl Chili
-1 ½ pounds ground meat
-1 tsp olive oil
-1 ½ cups chopped onion
-4 cloves garlic
-2 ½ cup chopped yellow peppers
-1 ½ tablespoon ground cumin
-2 tablespoon ground paprika
-1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
-2 tsp white sugar
-1 tsp salt
-½ tsp ground cloves
-2 cans stewed tomatoes
-1 can kidney beans
-1 can black beans
-1 can cannellini beans
-1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
-2 tablespoons vinegar
-1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Brown off meat.
2. Cook onions, peppers and garlic until tender.
3. Add all other ingredients , except cilantro and vinegar.
4. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer about 30 minutes.
5. Take off heat and add cilantro and vinegar.
Chicken Wing Dip
-2 8 ounce packs of cream cheese
-1 cup sour cream
-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
-Diced red peppers
-¾ cup of hot sauce
-½ cup of ranch or blue cheese
-2 tsp granulated garlic
1, Heat the cream cheese in microwave about 1 ½ minutes.
2. Add chicken.
3. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients and stir until just blended.
4. You can heat this in microwave or bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
-Pizza dough roll, such as Pillsbury
-Pizza sauce, 1 cup
-Pineapples, ¼ cup
-Ham, ¼ cup
-Sliced red onion, 1/8 cup
-Sliced red pepper, 1/8 cup
-Monterey jack / cheddar blend 1 ½ cups
1. Roll out dough.
2. Cover dough with sauce
3. Spread remaining ingredients over pizza.
4. Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes.
-2 cups of ice
-1 cup of strawberry syrup
-¼ cup of orange juice
2. In a blender, blend until all ice is crushed.
2. You can add 2 ounces of rum to this for an adult drink.