Chef Jeff Yourdon from Lenoir Community College spiced things up again on WITN News at Sunrise Friday. The focus is on Super Bowl 43 Food. Chef Jeff created recipes with themes around the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals, along with great football food.
"Jumpin' Fitzgerald" Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
-2 tablespoons butter
-1/3 cup chopped celery
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
-1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
-1 1/2 cups chicken broth
-2/3 cup white rice
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
-1 bay leaf
-2 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
1. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add celery, onion and green bell pepper and saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, thyme or basil, garlic salt, ground black pepper, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
2. Bring all to a boil; reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chicken or turkey and cook until heated through. Discard bay leaf and serve hot.
1. Brown off meat.
2. Cook onions, peppers and garlic until tender.
3. Add all other ingredients , except cilantro and vinegar.
4. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer about 30 minutes.
5. Take off heat and add cilantro and vinegar.
1, Heat the cream cheese in microwave about 1 ½ minutes.
2. Add chicken.
3. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients and stir until just blended.
4. You can heat this in microwave or bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
1. Roll out dough.
2. Cover dough with sauce
3. Spread remaining ingredients over pizza.
4. Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.