Famed BBQ Restaurant Catches Fire

The smokehouse behind one of the most famous barbecue restaurants in Eastern Carolina, and one that's been noted nationally, caught fire Thursday.

Samuel Jones, who is both the assistant fire chief in Ayden and a co-owner of the Skylight Inn, told WITN that an ember may have flown up into the ceiling.

About a quarter of the smokehouse, not the restaurant, sustained structural damage.

No one was hurt in the fire, including the pig that was cooking. Jones says the pig was about half-way cooked and was to be served Friday. Jones said they would keep cooking the pig through the night and be open for business as usual. They just had to clean up the floor first.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 27652909 - witn.com/a?a=27652909