Posted: 12:35 PM
- Some senators want to give more choices to most North Carolina counties in how they can generate extra revenues through local sales taxes, while scaling back authority for some of the state's largest counties.
Updated: 8:28 AM
- A Central California company has issued a voluntary nationwide recall of specific lots of its fresh peaches, plums, nectarines and pluots over concerns of possible listeria contamination.
- It is something each of us does every year: renew the registration on your vehicle and pay taxes on it. But have you ever wondered how the state appraises your vehicle to determine how much you're taxed?
- The General Assembly is one vote away from finalizing changes to North Carolina's government retirement system in part to prevent the system from having to pay for some large pension spikes for high-income workers.
- Rising sea levels will mean extreme floods along the coast of the Carolinas in coming years with billions of dollars in property in danger according to new reports from a nonprofit group of scientists.