- The state House is quickly taking up Senate legislation giving North Carolina magistrates and other judicial workers the ability to refuse to carry out duties for same-sex marriages due to their religious objections.
- The federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has agreed to hold an additional public scoping meeting on the Outer Banks regarding the federal government's proposal to conduct an oil and gas lease sale off the coast of North Carolina.
- North Carolina House Republicans are making their own changes to the state gasoline tax that would cause an immediate price drop at the pump. But the decrease is not as deep as the Senate proposed last month.
- The North Carolina House has completed work on a cleanup spending bill for this fiscal year, but not before voting down a provision originally inserted by the chamber's majority leader related to fracking.
- If you heard the FBI or some out-of-state police detective wanted to talk to you about a complaint, you would likely want to clear things up right? That is just what some scammers are hoping for as they dial numbers. Before they dial yours, read more about today's scam alert.
- Belhaven Mayor Adam O'Neal spoke in front of Onslow Memorial Hospital, saying it's his town's responsibility to share what happened to Belhaven while working with Vidant so that it doesn't happen to Jacksonville.
- Governor Pat McCrory visited the east on Monday and revealed a funding proposal in his state budget plan that local and state leaders say is key to the eastern region of the state.
- Two people suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot Saturday at a Charlotte nightclub where rappers T.I., Young Jeezy and Yo Gotti were advertised to appear, a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police spokesman said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777