Western NC Mom Accused Of "Crating" Kids

A Buncombe County woman has been arrested and accused of placing her children into dog containers.

The Ashville Citizen-Times reported 30-year-old Kristin Nicole Burrell of Weaverville has been arrested and accused of second-degree kidnapping.

Arrest warrants say the woman placed her 1-year-old in a dog case and her 3-year-old into a dog crate on November 12.

The sheriff's department says it was notified by the Department of Social Services on Dec. 6. Lt. Randy Sorrells would not elaborate on the arrest.

It was unclear if Burrell has a lawyer.

• by pete Location: grifton on Jan 8, 2012 at 03:37 PM
    Did she give them a water bowl and some old roy?
  • by Rosie Location: Pinetown on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:35 AM
    I think put the kids in the crates and let the poor animals out. The animals would do less damage.
  • by Playpen on Jan 6, 2012 at 06:50 PM
    Isn't a playpen a "crate"?
  • by Gville on Jan 6, 2012 at 01:10 PM
    Again...Stupid people
  • by Crazy on Jan 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    My kids, at the ages of 3 and 1, got into the dryer and called me in there. What did I do but take a picture. It was very cute. Glad someone didn't turn me in for that. We just don't know the whole story, so nobody should be faulting this woman yet. And I really assume the charge was a type-o!!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    So what do you call it when you use one of those covers for the crib that keeps them from climbing out.
  • by Michell Location: Washington on Jan 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    Looking past the obvious foolishness of her actions, am I misreading the charges? I thought the article said that she was charged with second degree kidnapping. Child abuse I can understand, but kidnapping? Either WITN is leaving out quite a bit of important information or the LEO in Western NC need a little help.
  • by wondering on Jan 6, 2012 at 09:18 AM
    I sure Social Services did their job and acted accordingly. Let's not be so quick to judge when we don't know the facts. I "dutched" a bedroom door to keep my one year old from his sister who just "worried him" all the time. We put children into playpens for their safety. Maybe she couldn't afford anything else and used a dog crate. Could she have been visiting or living with someone with dogs or cats who might harm her children? Let's say a prayer for her and her children!
  • by Patsy Cline on Jan 6, 2012 at 08:46 AM
    Is this the same mom that is UPSET that Bibles were handed out to kids in school? Buncombe county moms sure love their kids.
  • by heh heh heh on Jan 6, 2012 at 08:17 AM
    She must've been house trainin 'em.... LOL :)

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136803358 - witn.com/a?a=136803358