Uniting NC Kicks Off Campaign Supporting Immigrants

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

Religious leaders joined "Uniting NC" to kick off its campaign Tuesday. They unveiled billboards showing immigrants they are welcome in North Carolina.

Rabbi Eric Solomon says his Jewish grandparents didn't have that kind of support when they immigrated to the United States, so he showed up for the kickoff to show his support.

The first billboards will go up in Raleigh then Durham and Goldsboro.

• by grandmere on Dec 14, 2011 at 07:08 AM
    I do not want to pay antone elses bills, Illegal immigrants, legal immigrants , welfare mothers, delinquent dads, THUGS, or just plain lazy people. I have been working for 45 years , am close to retirement, I do not want anymore of my money going to people who do not and have not worked for it. GET A JOB OR GET OUT!!!
      by laos girl on Dec 14, 2011 at 03:18 PM in reply to grandmere
      so you just hate immigrant period.
        by Anonymous on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:22 PM in reply to laos girl
        No, I think grandmere hates unemployed leeches.
  • by President on Dec 14, 2011 at 07:03 AM
    Obama need their votes!!!
  • by Anon Location: NC on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:56 AM
    Please learn the difference. Immigrants are legal and aliens are not. I am all for immigration and all against illegal aliens. If you are here illegally, you are a criminal and deserve to be treated as such. Those that support illegals (including politicians) are, in fact, aiding and abetting criminals.
      by laos girl on Dec 14, 2011 at 03:19 PM in reply to Anon
      well said!
  • by Ben Location: Kinston on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:45 AM
    I'm not aware of any passages in the Bible that justify abetting lawbreakers. Many illegals are in prison for crimes ranging from rape, robbery to murder. Our schools, health care facilities, courts and welfare programs are being overwhelmed by people who broke the law to get here and some people want to put up billboards welcoming even more of them to come here. The organization paying for these billboards should be charged with aiding and abetting criminals.
  • by citizen on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:37 AM
    look at the bill board it tells all, both parents are smiling,so happy that joe taxpayer payed for their son who is buy the way a us citizen now.now they can recieve wic,stamps and healthcare for the little one FREE of charge thanks to joe taxpayer.way to go nc we support their tails long enough, ship them home and ill pay for the fuel and the bus
  • by David Location: Greenville on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    I welcome any immigrant who has followed the laws and come here legally.....
  • by citizen on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:30 AM
    no they are not welcome here,take your butts back where you belong and stop droping all these kids out that im haveing to pay for.we have laws on the books to stop this and the all mighty oboma does nothing to stop them vote his tail out and everyone else who supports these so called immigrants republican or democrat,lets take this country back !!!!!
  • by Sarah Location: Kinston on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:07 AM
    send them back where they came from.. I have enough bills to pay.. I don't want to pay for their butts too!!!!!!!!
  • by Sue Location: Greenville on Dec 14, 2011 at 05:41 AM
    Yes, I am for supporting LEGAL immigrants. America was founded by immigrants, however, the ILLEGAL people are the ones who are causing so much trouble. Our "leaders" need more backbone to stop the illegal activity that goes on every day. The working taxpayers are saying to send back all illegals, and give back the jobs that they have stolen.
  • by Nick Location: Garner on Dec 14, 2011 at 05:32 AM
    I am an immigrant, never took a cent, obeyed the law and have for several years been a proud US citizen, have been working every day since it became legal for me to do so. Becoming legal is expensive and tedious so I am strongly opposed to those who expect either amnesty or who thumb their noses at our laws. Do it right or go home.
      by Angie on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:40 AM in reply to Nick
      I agree with you! Nothing wrong with folks trying to make a better way for them and for their families, but I don't think illegals should get any type of governement support just because they have a baby over here. Work and pay taxes like the rest of the working class.
      by Audra - SoCal on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:19 PM in reply to Nick
      I applaud your hard work and integrity. I wish there were more people just like you.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135556573 - witn.com/a?a=135556573