Three Teens Killed In Wake County Wreck

Police say speed is to blame for an accident in our state that killed three teenagers and injured another.

The accident happened in the Wake county town of Rolesville Sunday night on Old Pearce Road near NC 96. Officials say 16-year-old Austin Flowers, 16-year-old Lane Meyer and 17-year-old Matthew Speight were all killed in the crash.

Police say Flowers lost control of the vehicle and crashed. Authorities are citing excessive speed as the cause.

Sixteen-year-old Brendon Pearce , who was also in the car, was transported to Wake Med by helicopter and is listed in critical but stable condition.

Police said the teens were heading home from a church meeting at Rolesville Baptist Church.

• by kristine Location: Dansville ny on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    hi my name is kristen guyett my couisn got in a car accident in the summer time on elizabeth st and prine st
  • by Kacey Location: wake forest NC on Jun 13, 2011 at 06:14 PM
    Lane,i miss u boy! our school isnt the same without any of you...it's too quiet, we miss ur energy and the smiles u brought to the place, this year is gonna be hard without the three of you..Rest in peace boys, u will forever be in our hearts...<3 i feel so sorry the families and hope that they are doing okay! this shoulda never happened and they will all be missed...love you Lane, Austin and Matt!
  • by rustyantenna Location: New Bern on Jun 8, 2011 at 01:14 AM
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.
  • by mom6 Location: Raleigh,NC on Jun 7, 2011 at 05:42 PM
    My heart goes out to all those families. I do have a question, how come a 16 year old was driving with more than 1 passenger in the car. People of NC if your child is 16 they are legally only allowed to drive with one passenger in the car, unless the others are family and someone is over 18. It is illegal for a 16 year old to have more than one friend in the car. Parents out there read the law, know what your child can and cannot do when they are 16 - 18 driving. It was an unnecessary tragedy if all the adults taking care of these teenagers knew the law. I have 6 children and when my now 20 year old passed his driving test, I made sure I knew all the rules and laws about what he was and was not able to do. It was my job as a parent to know these facts. Please to all parents out their in NC with their 16 year old driver take this tragedy and learn from it.
      by @mom6 on Jun 7, 2011 at 10:02 PM in reply to mom6
      Mom6, I understand where you are coming from but I guess now the laws have changed because after 6 months of a clean driving record you can get your license to drive after 9 with as many people as you want. They were not doing anything illegal except speeding. I am truly sorry about what happened though.
  • by Swimdad13 Location: Illinois on Jun 7, 2011 at 03:26 PM
    Now is the time for putting our prayers and thoughts with the families. Their loss is unimaginable. Sue, with all due respect, you don't know what was said in the car prior to the crash. We may eventually, but what we do know is three bright futures were cut short and one scarred for life due to excessive speed. I agree with you and fail to see how anyone would blame the one sitting in the back behind the passenger's seat. Once all the facts are known, I pray this will be used as a teaching tool in an attempt to prevent this from happening to anyone else's children. Sad Sad Day.
  • by mother2 Location: Bertie County on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    God bless these children and their families. Our prayers are with you at this time.
  • by sue on Jun 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    Please don't anyone start putting the blame on the one that survied. All of the boys got into the car and they all could of said to slow down. But no one did. It could of been anyone's child driving. There is enough broken hearts out there already.
  • by Katrina Location: Maysville on Jun 7, 2011 at 07:58 AM
    I did not know these boys but I work with one of thier mothers. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of these young boys family and friends. I pray that God can comfort you and help you find the strength to carry on. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
  • by GOD BLESS Location: GREENVILLENC on Jun 7, 2011 at 07:09 AM
    God Bless These Kids and thier family and The one surviving victim. Our kids should bury us not the other way around.
  • by Rob on Jun 7, 2011 at 06:53 AM
    So sad. High speed can end a life so fast.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123324588 - witn.com/a?a=123324588