Three Shot At Wake County Food Lion, Police Searching For Gunman

Lawmen in Wake county are searching for the man who shot three people at a Food Lion.

Wendell police are looking for 21-year-old Tariq Taylor. They say a daylong dispute between Taylor and his partner prompted the shooting.

Eight shots were fired at the Food Lion, injuring Taylor's partner and two women, who are being considered as innocent bystanders.

All three victims were taken to Wake Med Hospital. The man injured is in serious condition, while the women are recovering from non-life-threatening injuries.

• by redboy on Dec 10, 2011 at 04:24 PM
    now they said the shooter committed suicide.
  • by TPT on Dec 8, 2011 at 05:20 PM
    I've never heard of an instance of a concealed carry permit holder committing a crime. I believe most of us permit holders carry in the hopes of having half a chance to defend ourselves from the likes of Mr. Tariq Taylor.
  • by Beachbum3 on Dec 8, 2011 at 02:11 PM
    all of these shootings should be place squarely upon the shoulders of the great G.O.P. an it's gun loobying nuts the NRA for guns are just plainly to easy to get an with all of the concealed carry permits these days the people are becoming scared to death an are going just plainly gun nuts. there need to be a complete stop put to the easy acess to guns in this country for just anybody an no i am not against the second admendent to the us constitution i am myself a gun owner. but there need to be some common sense place on the gun owner ship in this country. it needs to be regulated so as to protect the citizen of this satet an this country . just to manny incident of this nature happening now a days thank you
      by Kenny on Dec 8, 2011 at 04:46 PM in reply to Beachbum3
      That's right..just take away the law abidding citizens' rights to protect themselves while the criminals will still have access to illegal guns. If you don't want to carry-then don't but don't infringe on my right to carry one.
      by ALPHA on Dec 8, 2011 at 05:07 PM in reply to Beachbum3
      Blame this on the GOP? I can understand blaming AIDS on the Democrats but this is really a stretch. Blame the constitution. Blame the idiots shooting people over petty disputes. But never blame a Christian organization like the GOP....after all...the Dems support abortion so this is their way of terminating the birth certificates of those who should have died falling off bikes without helmets on!!!
      by 40some on Dec 8, 2011 at 08:04 PM in reply to Beachbum3
      Regulated? Every time some new proposal is even brought up, such as putting serial numbers on ammunition it creates a wave of buying at the gun stores. You know what a wave is right? Comes up and pulls everything back. When was the last time you bought a gun and had to go through the checks? Go get a pistol permit and then a CCW permit and tell me there's not enough regulation.
  • by me Location: Bayboro on Dec 8, 2011 at 08:43 AM
    Where is the NAACP? Why do they not get involved in blacks killing blacks?
      by REM on Dec 8, 2011 at 09:40 AM in reply to me
      no, they just race bait and place the race card at every opportunity. Oh, and lets not forget to take up a donation.
      by Anonymous on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM in reply to me
      because apparently that is OK
  • by here Location: here on Dec 8, 2011 at 07:54 AM
    America and its once great society are falling apart at an alarming speed. Things are going to get much, much worse IF and I mean IF they EVER get better. Sad and true.
      by Disgusted on Dec 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM in reply to here
      Amen. You can't even go grocery shopping anymore without a weapon. It seems like the closer we get to Christmas the worse news gets. America is on its way to becoming a third world country and most people are just contributing to her downfall. Very sad.
  • by Crime is Everywhere on Dec 8, 2011 at 07:51 AM
    Now...for all you central North Carolina folks that keep talking junk about Eastern North Carolina crime, close your mouth for once because crime is everywhere! Including your own home town. If you are wathing WITN news, you probably see alot about Greenville because WITN is one of the news channels for Eastern NC. I bet if Greenville watched a Central NC news channel, we would see a lot of crime regarding your area.
      by Tim on Dec 8, 2011 at 09:03 AM in reply to Crime is Everywhere
      Agreed, parts of Raleigh, most of Durham, Fayetteville, Lumberton are all cesspools, I have worked in them all so I had to know where to and not to go at certain times of day....However Greenville and Kinston serve as cesspool role models
  • by Partner? on Dec 8, 2011 at 06:05 AM
    Was this a business partner... or a sexual partner? Maybe a partner in crime? ...and the report says the shots were fired at the Food Lion, yet people were hit? I guess that coins the phrase, "He couldn't hit the broadside of a Food Lion" ...lol
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Dec 8, 2011 at 05:09 AM
    "...eight shots were fired..." Boy, he was really mad. He must have terrible aim to injure TWO bystanders in the process. Sounds like he intended to KILL that 'partner'.
      by REM on Dec 8, 2011 at 09:39 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      Firing a gun at someone constitutes intent to kill anyway, so actually hitting them is a moot point.
  • by OMG Location: In the boonies on Dec 8, 2011 at 04:34 AM
    Why on earth would you go to Food Lion if you live in Wake Co???
      by CCW in Wake County on Dec 8, 2011 at 05:38 AM in reply to OMG
      Well...I goto FoodLion a lot in wake county, but I have my Glock 30,round chambered, in my right coat pocket and my 380 TCP in my left coat pocket. I also keep my Benchmade knife in my left pants pocket. I just hope im observant enough to recognize when something is going down. Not gonna make it easy for the CrAzIes!! Catch my drift? ;)
  • by another idiot goes crazy on Dec 8, 2011 at 03:40 AM
    another lawess criminal. according to ABC11, he was arrested at a unOcuppy raleigh event. Now he shoots 3 people. No Tea Party person ever did this!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135233288 - witn.com/a?a=135233288