Powerball Players Take Aim At $325 Million Pot

Powerball players in North Carolina are taking aim at a record jackpot.

The current jackpot stands at $325 million, the most since the N.C. Education Lottery joined the multi-state game in 2006. The previous record was $314.3 million on Aug. 25, 2007.

Officials with the state lottery said strong sales since Wednesday's drawing propelled the amount past the initial estimate of $310 million.

If someone wins Saturday's jackpot, they would have the choice of taking the $325 million jackpot either in an annuity paid out over 30 years or as a lump sum payment of $202.9 million.

• by laura Location: greenville on Feb 12, 2012 at 04:11 PM
    I'm ashamed to say I paid into the "stupid tax" yesterday and bought my fair share of lottery tickets. It's sorta fun, looking forward to the drawing, but when you buy 20 tickets and literally don't have a SINGLE number drawn on any of them...it's time to stop playing!
      by DIXIECHICK on Feb 13, 2012 at 03:22 AM in reply to laura
      Ya think? Use the money on something worthwhile instead. It is fun, butthe odds of winning are too small when that money could be used towards gas in the car, or cooking a meal for the family one night. You know, NECESSARY things in life.
  • by DIXIECHICK Location: ENC on Feb 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    It's so nice of the lottery players to give Beverly more money in her own pocket. She looks like she needs another day at the spa.
  • by Jimmy ingram Location: Kinston on Feb 11, 2012 at 06:22 PM
    If I was to be so fortunate to win something lime this. I would give it all away to important charities such as children's miracle network or cancer research. I would keep just enough to pad my life with its essentials and college for my children. I attest this before god and the world.
      by Anonymous on Feb 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM in reply to Jimmy ingram
      You may want to spell God's name with a capital 'G' next time. That may be what went wrong...
  • by got's mine on Feb 11, 2012 at 06:02 PM
    dern its gettin cold outside, glad yall paying my heat bill, dont's yall warry, once we win tonight, we be gettin off welfar
  • by yukon on Feb 11, 2012 at 04:26 PM
    Im taking names of everyone commenting and if I win every body gets some money Did not say how much just some LOL
      by Back to work! on Feb 12, 2012 at 02:20 AM in reply to yukon
      Good, cause I checked my numbers....not even one number! I don't understand, I specifically asked the store clerk to give me the winning number! Make mine 100's please :-)
  • by EWE2 Location: Ayden on Feb 11, 2012 at 02:49 PM
    If you are lucky enough to have the winning ticket, half of the winnings will go to Messiah Obama and Aunt Beverly. Even though who have worked hard all your life, you only keep half. Then, when you put your share in savings, that interest gained is taxable. Again, going to the Messiah and Auntie. Is that fair?
      by It's Mine on Feb 11, 2012 at 04:13 PM in reply to EWE2
      Only if your stupid enough to keep the money in the US, buy China Bonds they are paying 11% backed by FDIC.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 11, 2012 at 01:15 PM
    Holding on to a hope in a couple of million you never know, if it can be you and if it is, lord help me JESUS, to spend wisely and to help the poor in this world and to help guide with a helpful heart and make a difference or a change in a poor person's life. Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing upon the stars above.
  • by Winning! Location: NB on Feb 11, 2012 at 01:08 PM
    I'm in!
  • by laura Location: greenville on Feb 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    You can't purchase lotto tickets on a credit/debit card- they're cash only. Last I heard, TANF (or whatever it's called now) was using a debit card system. It's the 30-something yo men out there getting "disability checks" for "bad backs" and "depression", spending it all on the lotto that make me sick, and there's A LOT of people doing just that. Disability is a joke.
  • by Man on Feb 11, 2012 at 07:06 AM
    Just got my tax return and I am spending it all on the chance, 3209 dollars
      by laura on Feb 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM in reply to Man
      God bless my husband- and my condolences to your wife.
      by ralphie on Feb 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM in reply to Man
      my back debilitates me at times..the rest of the time it just really really hurts. I do not visit the cash cow though.
      by jo on Feb 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM in reply to Man
      Thats real bright, some doof with a welfare dollar will take yours.
        by Man on Feb 11, 2012 at 01:03 PM in reply to jo
        I spend about 150 plus a month supporting our lottery education system, someone got's to do it
          by Teach on Feb 11, 2012 at 02:59 PM in reply to Man
          Save your money or send it to me directly if you want it to support education. I won't have to spend as much of my own to subsidize my classroom.
        by Yo on Feb 11, 2012 at 01:49 PM in reply to jo
        You payin for anything I voted 10 tims for Obama, next time I'll hit him up 20 tims. Go Osama
      by Man on Feb 12, 2012 at 06:13 AM in reply to Man
      I want a refund, it's Osama fault.....

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139146709 - witn.com/a?a=139146709