NC Climate Change Panel Completes Four Years Of Work

A legislative panel wrapping up four years of work says North Carolina state government should create a strategy on how it will adapt to changing weather patterns and climate in response to global warming.

A majority of members attending Thursday's Legislative Commission on Global Climate Change approved its final report to the full General Assembly that contained the adaptation strategy recommendation.

The report offered seven ideas to the Legislature, including urging agencies to consider how to reduce carbon-based emissions. The panel also wants shoreline maps drawn so climate-related changes can be monitored.

The panel also agreed climate changes are under way and projected to grow. It earlier agreed that human activity is a factor in these changes.

It also recommended creating two permanent global climate panels.

• by Bud Location: Washington on May 8, 2010 at 07:56 AM
    That was pretty funny Snake Oil. You've got a good sense of humor, but you're pointing your criticism at the wrong person here. I'll point out once again that you CONTINUE to cast me in with the climateers shouting for change and all that, though I find it unfounded. All I did was ask about the icecaps and you blew up like the fanatic I said you were, and immediately you mistakenly interpreted that to mean I was sympathetic to your opposition. And just because I said Al was a genius for getting people to buy into his mess doesn't mean he's right or that I agree with him. I am merely impressed with his ability to make money off gullible people and then contribute to the problem he says we need to fix. I did like your point about the WWII plane recovered on Greenland, and I wonder if anybody pointed that out to Al. Now, relax Snake Oil, get you some lemonade and enjoy the sunshine. But don't forget the SPF 50, cause Al Gore's hummer may or may not be depleting the ozone!
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 04:40 PM
    Doctrine, however, they did not tell you the truth. OK, don't be upset..they are like that. Suggest you check with the BBC. Ever heard of Glacier Girl? A military plane you can google easily. Why was a plane that landed in Greenland in the late 40s found under hundreds of feet of ice? If global warming or climate change (political correct name change to continue the cause for Al Gore to make more money to buy the house in Ca) took place, why wasn't the plane on top of the ice? You should have been able to drive there and get the plane....you gettin this? I mean, it landed in the late forties...it should have been on the surface right? I am pretty sure physics still applies today, otherwise, jumping off a roof would be recreational...Now, about that bypass...its painted and can be even used now....I used to own the Titanic, however, Obama bought my unsinkable ship...I think he took it to the East of the ice caps...I heard he hit something...ice...will update you.
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 04:31 PM
    Well Bud, Al Gore has bought a house in the Day after Tomorrow flood zone. You gettin this now? You know, the move you claim angers me? Well, it doesn't. Why? It just shows how much ignorance can be portrayed by a man wanting to buy a house on the Ca beach, like, people like you! I mean, you believed that terd? Well, knowing that, I have a deal on a 17 bypass in Washington I will make a good deal on. I just sold the Brooklyn Bridge and need a commission to pay for my new Bentley. The bypass is brand new...you could put a toll on it and be really wealthy. You could sell hotdogs to people waiting to pay the toll...think about the endless possibility. Its no different than Al did to people in the world, he found scientists who needed a better income and had them proclaim Globalwarming...based on weather. Of course they had to lie about it, but hey, you fell for it. Now that is what I call a successfull capitolist. Now of a reality, yes, the icecaps moved. I know you believe what the;
  • by Bud Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 02:22 PM
    Haha, Snake Oil you keep lumping me in with the global warming crowd. Reading my own comments, I haven't said one word for or against anybody's side on this issue, so I'm not sure why you question my intelligence. I applaud your independent research and suggest you compile it all into your own thesis of sorts and submit it for official review, since apparently we have a review panel for that sort of thing in NC. I'm far from a weather/environmental expert so I'm glad you were able to shed light on the icecaps; it's not really made public that they may be regenerating elsewhere while melting in traditional locations. Like we've said, the media wants us to fear this whole idea and only presents one-sided information, which led to near hysteria and a movie called The Day After Tomorrow, a film I'm sure angers you to no end. I did quite enjoy the South Park spinoff from that movie though. But to be clear, the icecaps are not well formed as you said, but regenerating elsewhere. Right?
  • by OutsideLookingIn Location: ENC on May 7, 2010 at 01:05 PM
    We already have NOAA updating shoreline maps. Thought there was already an ongoing program keeping agencies updated as to how to reduce carbon-based emissions. Isn't that why we have vehicle inspections that cost more? Isn't that why large companies like paper mills have to submit reports/studies, and abide by Federal and State rules/procedures? Sounds like a plea for more money to keep certain non-essential administrative/research jobs ongoing.
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Bud, my point about the ice caps is the earth shifts on its axis and moves the ice caps from one side to the other. While it melted on Alaska side, for example, it reformed on the Greenland side. Then it will shift many years later. If you study meteorology, you should understand the earth goes through cyclic activity like we have with hurricane seasons. Last one was in the 50s and came back in the 90s. I am a fanatic about this having spent years learning about it and researching it. When this came up in the 90s, I wanted to know what global warming was. I knew from facts posted by NOAA on temps worldwide, we were getting cooler. Yet, we heard warmer. This was well in advance of climategate. NOAA says we had a cold weather year, Al Gore says we were one degree warmer. NOAA says we had a mild summer last year, Al Gore says it was the hottest on record. Bud, you have to be smarter than this. Do I use facts or Al Gore's word? The biggest hoax in the history of the world....
  • by Bud Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    My apologies for getting you riled up Snake Oil. I wasn't implying that NC is a piddly state, but that in terms of landmass and influence on this Earth, NC cannot expect to instigate any changes in anything unless the entire US acts as one unit on this issue. I'm not endorsing any action in any direction, nor am I saying we're gonna be cooking in 5 years from all the warming or anything like that. As for Al Gore, I agree with you, he's a genius. Nobody ever worked for the benefit of anything else, only for the dollar that comes from said work, and he cornered that market brilliantly while fooling everybody. As for saying you people sound crazy, I meant you sound crazy in the way you're presenting your side of the argument. You sound like fanatics! And I'm not trying to make you mad, but you said the icecaps are well formed. How do you explain the breaks and cracks running through them for the first time in many many years, and all the ice falling into the ocean daily?
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    Bud Location: Washington, please open you eyes for a moment and think about one thing; what do you suppose Al Gore has to gain by this? What purpose could a career politician have for promoting this? If you are gullible enough to think it is the save the planet, you get a D. What part of 8 million dollar house on the beach in Ca didn't you get? Climategate exposed that the earth is getting colder and the icecaps are well formed....just like it does in the cycle. Now, who do piddly little state people like me know this? I have seen it myself...get it?
  • by Bud Location: Washington on May 7, 2010 at 09:33 AM
    How does the NC govt think one little piddly state can have a serious impact on the global environment? The Earth is warming, the poles are melting, and then it'll cool back down after all that ice water flows around the globe. People in Ocracoke might be underwater and they might not be. I'm not saying global warming is real or fake, but all you people yelling that global warming is a hoax sound like the crazy ones here, with your dramatic comments and agitated tones. Reckon we'll find out who's right in about 75 years. I expect all you people to be right back on this website 75 years from now and then we'll have it out once and for all with who's right and who's nuts. HAH!
  • by Anonymous on May 7, 2010 at 06:15 AM
    I want to see the report on how much this cost the taxpayers. One big hoax, they tell you how the glaciers are melting in one spot but do not tell you that they are growing in another. It is all a natural occurance that we cannot do anything about.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 93027219 - witn.com/a?a=93027219