Man Dies After Fall From NC Resort Balcony

Authorities say a 30-year-old Atlanta man has died after falling from a fifth-floor balcony at a resort on the North Carolina coast.

Police say Kevin Robert Gunnin fell from an oceanfront balcony at the Shell Island Resort at Wrightsville Beach at around 2 a.m. Saturday.

When officers arrived, they found Gunnin lying on the ground. He was pronounced dead at a hospital at around 2:45 a.m.

Police say they think the fall was an accident.

• by Samatha Location: duplin co on Jul 25, 2011 at 01:09 PM
    I knew Kevin, this is such a shock.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Jul 25, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    Nothing good happens after 11 pm.
  • by Girly Location: Cove City on Jul 25, 2011 at 06:07 AM
    To Oh No You Didin't!! You know this is terrible and his family and friends are mourning his loss and you have the nerve to joke about this and then oh by the way my respect to family and friends. You should be ashamed of yourself. His family and friend probly will read this and not get the kick out of it you did. My condolenses to the family and friends of this young man. May you find peace and forgiveness to this idiot that wrote this ignorant comment.Amen!!
      by Anonymous on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:53 AM in reply to Girly
      Amen to that.
      by Absolutely on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM in reply to Girly
      You are so right! Some people have no sense of sympathy or empathy! May God's mercy and grace abide for us all. They should be ashamed...
        by Bite Me! on Jul 25, 2011 at 12:37 PM in reply to Absolutely
        I don't have sympathy for everyone. Is it a crime to be this way?
          by Anonymous on Jul 25, 2011 at 02:25 PM in reply to Bite Me!
          nope. I thought I was the only one.
          by ANN on Jul 26, 2011 at 04:53 AM in reply to Bite Me!
          There is a place for people like bite me and oh no you didn't. You have to be living a miserable life to find humor in any of this. The sad thing is I wonder who will really care when you die. My prayers go out to his family and I also pray for the 2 of you-despite how this may sound I do pray God will turn you around before it is too late.
  • by Oh NO You Didn't? on Jul 24, 2011 at 07:55 PM
    What he tripped and fell, someone accidentally bumped into him and said OOOPPPPPSSS its only a five story drop catch you next time,. Or you might can hang on to a fourth story parking level, I know I had to take light of something today in the news and I quess this was it, With all due respect to the family and friends, my prayers are with you
      by uh on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:03 AM in reply to Oh NO You Didn't?
      I cannot imagine making light of this, nor how dysfunctional a person would find this news funny. It is never funny when a life is lost.
      by Anonymous on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:54 AM in reply to Oh NO You Didn't?
      I guess you'd find it as funny if it was your father or son?
  • by WHAT!!! on Jul 24, 2011 at 05:35 PM
    Police say they think the fall was an accident. YOU THINK????

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126086468 - witn.com/a?a=126086468