Laptop-Shooting Dad Saved Daughter's Data

The North Carolina father who retaliated for his teenage daughter's Facebook outburst by shooting her laptop had a surprise.

Tommy Jordan told 15-year-old Hannah on Wednesday he saved the computer's hard drive where her photos and other data were stored before emptying nine shots into the computer and recording it on video.

Jordan, his wife Amy and their daughter said on NBC's "Today" show that the video's 31 million YouTube views has added scrutiny on their lives, a lesson for anyone online.

The Albemarle father and daughter say they both overreacted to family strife by sharing their domestic tit-for-tat online.

Tommy Jordan says despite what he showed the world last month, he has a great daughter who remains grounded and has no laptop to replace the one he destroyed.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by Anonymous on Mar 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    I saw this and think the man is ignorant and gives N.C. a bad name. He was so cool with his cigarette and holier than thou attitude. Maybe he should learn his daughter IS NOT HIS SLAVE. Kids go to school 35 hours a week, 5 hours less than a full time job. Then they bring home an hour or two worth of homework. It's kind of hard to do all of that and be their parents little slave. There is nothing wrong with chores, but kids have to have fun too. He just wanted a pat on the back!By making that stupid video, he put his whole family under scrutiny,the same thing he shot the laptop for!! What a great role model. NOT
  • by Robin Location: Belhaven on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:05 AM
    Go DAD!!! I saw this on youtube and I think you are an awesome, caring and loving dad. It is hard to show tough love sometimes, but he saw the need and was able to follow through. If more parents were like this one, we wouldn't have some of the problems we do today with kids. I think this dad should be rewarded!! Keep up the good work!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 07:18 PM
    No she has not learned a lesson. The father is stupid. He have just taught his daughter how to deal with a situation. Now she will be on the news next, but not from shooting a computer but a person. And she is going to say I owe it all to my father.
      by Robin on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:06 AM in reply to
      Anonymous..you must be a child or teenager. Your comment is totally ridiculous and immature!
  • by Nick Location: Farmvegas on Mar 8, 2012 at 04:18 PM
    AWESOME! Way to go! Finally a parent stepped up to plate and handed a little displine. Seems to have gotten her attention. Teenagers today are to soft and have big mouths! Finally some discipline!
  • by Student on Mar 8, 2012 at 02:11 PM
    Nothin like a educated hick
      by Robin on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:07 AM in reply to Student
      Student...call it what you will, hick or not..this dad was right on the money!!
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Mar 8, 2012 at 04:55 AM
    For those of you who believe the Father chose the right method to make his point, I say this: He may have taken away the method she used to communicate her thoughts, but he has certainly not changed her thoughts. She's old enough to have formed her personality, and it will probably take a lot more than shooting up the computer, and making it go 'viral', to change her way of thinking. He pretty much did the very thing he didn't want her to do; publish personal things on the internet. He's even taken it further; it's on national T.V. now.
      by Robin on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:10 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      Formerly...give me a break!! I'm so sick of this type of attitude. I used this type of correction with my children and YES they got spanked. To this day, they have never or will they ever get in my face and disrespect me or their father. No, you can't change their thoughts but you can make them stop and think before they act on those thoughts!!
  • by Beth Location: Pa on Mar 7, 2012 at 09:21 PM
    ha ha i thought it was funny. kids need to learn respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      by Robin on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM in reply to Beth
      Totally agree with you Beth!!!
  • by laura Location: greenville on Mar 7, 2012 at 07:34 PM
    Dad was venting- if you have a daughter that age, at some point, you've wanted to shoot something. My daughter's cell phone is at the top of my hit list. They don't seem to understand that what they put "out there"- whether it's in words, or photos, has real consequences. Just because you CAN say it, doesn't mean you SHOULD say it. I bet she knows that now!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012 at 05:27 PM
    hey redneck dude and you are under the impression you are the only one with a .45 acp ?
  • by shomuff on Mar 7, 2012 at 04:59 PM
    I will embarrass my child where ever it is necessary. Ask her? Dr. Phil can take a hike.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141738373 - witn.com/a?a=141738373