Two high school wrestlers in North Carolina have been suspended after they were accused of hazing.
The Hickory Daily Record reported the members of Newton-Conover High School were suspended late last week.
School superintendent Barry Redmond says several team members were in the practice room last Thursday when someone turned off the lights. A sophomore grabbed a freshman and put him in a wrestling hold. Another student then assaulted the freshman.
Redmond says the sophomore who held the freshman was suspended for three days because he didn't know the younger student was going to be hit.
The other student was suspended for the rest of the semester and removed from the team.
The team canceled a trip to a wrestling tournament in Raleigh on Friday after the attack.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.