WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters: Man Severely Burned Following Kerosene Heater Fire

Firefighters believe a man in the East suffered severe 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands, feet and legs following a fire, officials say, was started around his kerosene heater.

Firefighters say it started Saturday night at the man's single wide trailer on the 200 block of Sunshine Street in Kinston. They say the man in his mid 20s awoke to find a fire around his kerosene heater. Officials believe the man was trying to throw it outside when he burned his feet, legs and his hands.

The man was taken to Lenoir Memorial Hospital, where officials believe he may be sent to the Chapel Hill Burn Center for his injuries.

Firefighters say there was minimal damage caused to the floor, and smoke damage caused throughout the trailer.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174057831