Episode Of PBS Series To Be Filmed On Outer Banks

The Outer Banks will be the setting for part of a new television reality series that will air this fall on PBS.

The Daily Advance of Elizabeth City reported that filming of an episode of "Getting Away Together" begins Monday with the July 4th fireworks at Heritage Park in Corolla. It includes a week of sightseeing for 17 family members, most of them from Atlanta.

The series will spotlight vacationers at 13 spots across the country. Each episode features the gathering of a different family spending time together at a vacation rental home.

Currituck and Dare counties split the $97,500 cost of producing, filming and promoting the show as a way of also promoting the Outer Banks.

• by mike on Jul 4, 2011 at 05:30 AM
    Rest easy Jerry...we've got a better legislature now, all that remains is getting rid of Perdue in 2012.
  • by voter Location: nc on Jul 3, 2011 at 06:38 PM
    wonderful,,it'll be another log island before you know it.
  • by jerry Location: enc on Jul 3, 2011 at 05:08 PM
    Like the OBX needs any more promoting. I live in Manteo and I don`t think we need any more traffic. Does Va. not have beaches? Oh, I forgot, we have a $25,000,000 pier, that lots of state employees can visit with their extra time, because they have LOST THEIR JOBS!! We live in a state ran by idiots.
      by Mike on Jul 3, 2011 at 07:00 PM in reply to jerry
      Am I mistaken in thinking that the Outer Banks, which includes Manteo, is supported almost entirely by tourism? I agree that the State is run by idiots but I can't imagine that more tourism would be bad for your local economy. I don't live there so I could be completely wrong about this.
        by jerry on Jul 4, 2011 at 09:15 AM in reply to Mike
        You are correct. I`m looking at it from just my view, because tourism doesn`t affect me except for the traffic and crowds.
          by Anonymous on Jul 7, 2011 at 09:19 AM in reply to jerry
          Way to be a team player!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124948659 - witn.com/a?a=124948659