ECU Streaker Gets Clothes Back, Case Continued

The man charged after streaking at an ECU football game last month finally got his clothes back.

John Sieglinger made a brief court appearance this morning before a Pitt county judge, facing charges of misdemeanor trespassing and misdemeanor indecent exposure. Greenville police returned the man's clothes to him after this morning's hearing.

The 21-year-old Sieglinger streaked across ECU's football field during a military ceremony at halftime of the Pirates game against Southern Miss last month.

After the hearing the Raleigh man apologized, saying he didn't realize the military was being honored at halftime.

Sieglinger has since been banned from ECU's campus for life. His case was continued and his next court date is January 27th.

• by Gerry Location: Emerald City on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    Big deal, 45% of the population is born the same way as streaker boy. Get over it Pilgrims, we have way more pressing issues to deal with, like too many hungry people, not to mention the unchecked drug related crime in Eastern NC.
  • by @BATH, NC on Dec 6, 2011 at 09:24 AM
    Well check out todays headlines more violence in your wonderful Greenville. Gotta love this place. At least there is the great healthcare system to care for all the gunshot wounds.
  • by MemyselfandI on Dec 6, 2011 at 03:03 AM
    why do you keep referring to him as a "kid"? He is 21-years old and responsible for hia actions. He knew what he was doing. That being said, there are certainly more aerious matters that need to be delt with in Gville.
  • by ECU on Dec 5, 2011 at 07:19 PM
    Why the trash talk about ECU and Greenville? The kid was from RALEIGH! The stupidity could have just as easily happened in any other town at any other stadium. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time someone has streaked across a football field.
  • by Ginny on Dec 5, 2011 at 06:59 PM
    I know there are people that will disagree with me - but I was there at hat game & believe me I would rather see a streaker go across a football field than see all of these kids getting shot & killed for stupid reasons. The streaker was not hurting anyone. Unfortunately the kids out here with guns are. This has to be stopped. This streaker incident should be at the bottom of the list. He did not hurt anyone. Concentrate on the real subject at hand here - kids killing kids. It has to stop.
  • by Wowler1 on Dec 5, 2011 at 06:03 PM
    Distinguished honor graduate, Honorable discharge. I was not offended. It was after the ceremony. He appologized and that's that. QYB
  • by Gen. Location: J'ville on Dec 5, 2011 at 05:56 PM
    It all depends on how you look at it. He did give a salute to the military. ECU is a university campus not a military town.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 5, 2011 at 04:46 PM
    "saying he didn't realize the military was being honored at halftime" WHAT THE H**L DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT HE WAS NUDE IN FRONT OF PEOPLE....EVEN SMALL KIDS WHO WERE AT THE GAME??? Lock him up naked for 12 months. I bet he would learn to keep his clothes on then.
      by oh on Dec 5, 2011 at 06:09 PM in reply to
      I was there too, what about all the drunken middle aged people? Are these the folks children should be exposed to. Because they are a dime a dozen at an EZU game. Seems to me the games are an excuse for the adults to act as kids. Maybe..just maybe we should excuse the kid who acted as a kid.
        by H on Dec 5, 2011 at 08:16 PM in reply to oh
        I agree. I was there with my kids and the cussing and drunk behaviour was worse than the streaker.
      by Marie on Dec 6, 2011 at 04:08 AM in reply to
      What is the big deal about a naked body running across a football field? Who cares? The real ills in our community that you should worry about and kids, are the drugs and gun killings as of late.
      by Anonymous on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM in reply to
      If you bring a small child to an ECU game you're doing more damage to that child than a streaker could ever possible hope to achieve. But really, it's just like the soccer moms who have no problem with their children watching horribly violent television shows but the second there is any hint of nudity it's somehow immoral and it's going to damage the child...Please somebody anybody, find me one example of a child being emotionally harmed for the rest of their life by seeing a person naked when they were young. Please, just one example.
  • by Audra Location: SoCal, unfortunately on Dec 5, 2011 at 04:17 PM
    So... was it a "brief" appearance because he knew he'd have something to wear home when he got his clothes back? :->
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Dec 5, 2011 at 03:58 PM
    My last comment; I come from a large city in N.C. I attended UNC-G in the '70's. We had streakers; it was just ignored. I do think this was blown out of proportion here in ENC, however, he did it during a tribute to our military and should not have. He has apologized, admitted his guilt, paid his fines, and picked up his clothing, all caught on camera. Let's just give a rest, hmmm? There is much worse crime occurring in Greenville, even as we speak. Tune in tomorrow morning, and you can read it.
      by c-had on Dec 5, 2011 at 04:46 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      Right,hes just a kid.He is not a loser for making a mistake.Im glad you are not a judge like you think you are.
      by Marie on Dec 6, 2011 at 04:11 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      Great comment. Summarizes it all up. Get a life, folks! Put your energy into crime stopping. The local murder rate is getting out of hand!!!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135014813 - witn.com/a?a=135014813