Authorities say a boy died in an accidental electrocution in a wooded area in Durham.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that emergency medical service personnel and firefighters found the boy dead about 3 p.m. Saturday near Jordan High School.
Police did not give the boy's name, age or how he was electrocuted.
Authorities are still investigating the death. A Duke Energy power right of way parallels a road near where the boy was found, but it was not known whether that was involved in the boy's death.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.