Children Killed By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Two children have died at a home in Elkin from carbon monoxide and officials are blaming a generator.

Surry County emergency medical services director John Shelton says a friend went to a home early Wednesday to help a family move into their new home and found a woman unresponsive in a hallway.

Emergency responders took the 39-year-old woman to a local hospital for treatment. She was later transferred to the Duke University Hospital in Durham.

A 7-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl were found dead in one of the bedrooms. Shelton says the children appeared to have been dead for several hours.

Shelton says a generator was found in the kitchen and was being used to power a refrigerator.

The victims' names have not been released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172630621 - witn.com/a?a=172630621
Gray Television, Inc.