Soldiers Won't Be Charged For Cell Calls In Haiti

A spokeswoman for a cell phone company says soldiers from Fort Bragg working in Haiti will not be charged for calls that should have been free.

The Fayetteville Observer reported Thursday that some soldiers sent to Haiti following last month's earthquake had racked up phone bills in the thousands of dollars.

Verizon spokeswoman Kathy Schulz told the newspaper in an e-mail Thursday that a computer glitch created the inflated bills. The company announced a temporary promotion last month for free calls to Haiti.

About 3,500 of the 20,000 U.S. troops sent to Haiti after the earthquake are from Fort Bragg.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 84864792 - witn.com/a?a=84864792