Hazmat Happy Meal

A pepper spray prank at a McDonald's restaurant in North Carolina sent six people to the hospital while 25 others were treated by emergency medical personnel at the scene.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported that customers and employees at the restaurant in Knightdale were evacuated Sunday morning and treated for symptoms like burning noses and eyes.

The hazardous materials team from the Raleigh Fire Department responded to the call.

A McDonald's employee said Monday the problem was caused when someone put pepper spray on a hand dryer in the men's restroom. After turning the dryer on, the pepper spray spread throughout the restaurant.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 69545487 - witn.com/a?a=69545487
Gray Television, Inc.