North Carolina's State Bureau of Investigation has been asked to investigate a televised allegation that a longtime state legislator tried to molest a teen boy more than a decade ago.
Democrat State Sen. R.C. Soles on Friday told Wilmington television station WWAY-TV that the allegation is unfounded and the investigation will prove him innocent.
The call for the investigation came after the station aired a year-old interview with 27-year-old Stacey Scott. He claims Soles tried to grab his genitals when he was a teen.
Scott was charged last year with filing a false police report in Tabor City for claiming Soles hit him.
The district attorney and Tabor City police chief said they sought SBI help to check into the new allegation.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.