2 Boys Killed By Truck While Walking In Charlotte

Two young boys are dead after being hit by a truck in Charlotte while walking with their father to a nearby daycare center.

Police say the children, who were 1 and 5 years old, were hit by a delivery truck Wednesday morning in west Charlotte while walking to the center.

The brothers were taken to a nearby hospital where they were later pronounced dead.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police and the North Carolina Highway Patrol are conducting an investigation.

No other injuries were reported.

Police did not immediately say whether they plan to file charges.

• by Cindy Location: Concord on Feb 29, 2012 at 06:44 AM
    A very sad situation! While the truck driver and the city is being made out to be totally responsible, I would say the father is more responsible. I just can't imagine any situation where a five year old, much less an one year old would be walking on a street with no sidewalk. It seems to me their father was negligent in his care of the children. A responsible parent would be carrying the one year old in their arms and holding the hand of the five year old on such a dangerous stretch of road.
  • by Pam Location: Washington on Feb 23, 2012 at 04:02 PM
    My heart hurts for the father and family. This is an awful tradegy.
  • by scott on Feb 23, 2012 at 03:18 PM
    why it it always the trucks fault and if u do not know it is against the law to talk on cell phone without a headset in a big truck and no texting at all it is a big fine but you can in a car the law is one sided
  • by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 08:52 AM
    I'm glad the driver was charged. Just goes to show ya.... it is MOST of the time the TRUCKERS fault!! Hello?!?! My condolences to the family.
  • by facts jack on Feb 23, 2012 at 06:49 AM
    Here's the details: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/22/3035193/traffic-reminder-school-back-in.html
  • by Justic Location: Plymouth on Feb 23, 2012 at 03:12 AM
    If anyone is to blame it is the Father. Why would you have kids close to the road and how did the father get out of the way. He must have had the kids near the road. We have people walking in the middle of the road in Plymouth all the time. They should be arrested for being in the road.
      by Katie on Feb 23, 2012 at 02:12 PM in reply to Justic
      You just made a very ignorant statement. EVERY parent has walked their child(ren) across a road at some point in time.
  • by ernest Location: plymouth on Feb 22, 2012 at 06:14 PM
    its because the truck drivers cant travel the top lanes i think the state should get charged with the death of them two boys
  • by K on Feb 22, 2012 at 03:33 PM
    This is just to sad for me. I have kids the same age and I don't know what I would do if something happen to them. I know they are two of GOD's angels now.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Feb 22, 2012 at 01:29 PM
    Pretty much too sad for words...:{
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    My prayers are with the family. I can not imagine loosing to boys like that.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139998793 - witn.com/a?a=139998793