- Four North Carolina State University students are getting national media attention after announcing they are developing fingernail polish that changes colors when a date rape drug is present.
- Same-sex couples and their families who want Gov. Pat McCrory to keep out of pending litigation challenging North Carolina's gay marriage ban are bringing names of their allies to his offices.
- As thousands of people turned out Monday for the funeral of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was fatally shot on August 9th by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, those in the east are talking about race relations and if something like it could happen here.
- Fort Lee officials said the solider was pronounced dead Monday after being taken to Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center. No other injuries were reported in the morning shooting.
- If approved, the proposed constitutional amendment would allow people charged with a felony to decide if they want a judge or a jury to hear their case. Such a waiver wouldn't be allowed in death penalty cases.
- The U.S. Coast Guard says the longer, alternative ferry route between Hatteras and Ocracoke will become the permanent course because of continued shoaling in the traditional channel.
- Residents in Sanford will get a chance to voice their opinions on hydraulic fracturing drilling at a public meeting that is the second of four such gatherings planned by the state Mining and Energy Commission.
- Lawyers for the North Carolina branch of the NACCP filed notice Thursday that they will ask the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond to review an Aug. 8 ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Schroeder.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777