- A military widow with three girls under the age of 4 needed help making repairs to her home, so a local non profit partnered with other organizations to get her the financial assistance she needed.
- The maker of Sara Lee, Nature's Harvest and other brands is recalling about 48,000 packages of bread sold in 11 states because they may contain fragments of glass from a broken light bulb at a company factory.
- A coalition of advocacy groups and parents is suing the Halifax County commissioners over a three-district school system which the plaintiffs say divides children into "good" and "bad" school districts along racial lines.
- Master Sgt. Patrick Malone, a spokesman for the 82nd Airborne Division, says 60 soldiers were gathered to discuss the day's training when lightning struck nearby around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- State Sen. Richard Burr says the war on terrorism won't be successful unless U.S. strategy changes from simply containing terrorist groups overseas to a more aggressive policy that also brings Middle East allies into the fight.
- High school students are heading back to the classroom, but with school funding up in the air because of the state budget, several counties are in limbo while they wait to hear if driver's education courses will have funding.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777