Posted: 3:21 PM
- North Carolina's film incentives may finally become a permanent fixture in the state's economic development pitch to television and movie producers. Or it could get written out of the script.
Updated: 3:44 PM
- The Army captain who has accused Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair of sexually assaulting her during their three-year relationship was an ambitious soldier with plans to make the military her career, much like the boss she loved and admired.
- A new report suggests the state and local governments in North Carolina could use drone aircraft for everything from law enforcement and hurricane recovery to tourism promotion and monitoring wildlife.
- Duke Energy's CEO says while the company and its shareholders will pay to clean up a coal ash spill in the Dan River, its customers likely will shoulder the costs of closing the rest of the utility's coal ash ponds across North Carolina.
- A pregnant South Carolina woman who drove a minivan carrying her three young children into the ocean surf off Florida is being charged with attempted murder and aggravated child abuse.
- Gov. Pat McCrory says he's looking at whether he'd like changes to a law phasing out job protections of North Carolina school teachers while giving raises to the highest-rated instructors who enter multiyear contracts.
- The head of the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP says the Duke Energy coal ash spill that left 70 miles of the Dan River coated with a toxic sludge isn't just an ecological disaster but also a sin.