- The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a resolution introduced by 3rd District Republican Congressman to prohibit the deployment of U.S. armed forces in a sustained combat role in Iraq without congressional authorization.
- Marine Corps officers in North Carolina are launching a formal investigation into whether a Lebanese-American Marine deserted his unit in Iraq or later after returning to the United States.
- Millions of dollars in health insurance rebates will be coming to consumers in North Carolina from companies the government says spent too much of premium dollars on profits and red tape last year.
- A new report from the Center for the Study of the American Electorate at American University, shows NC is one of only a few states where voting participation was not down compared to the 2010 mid-term elections.
- Some senators want to give more choices to most North Carolina counties in how they can generate extra revenues through local sales taxes, while scaling back authority for some of the state's largest counties.