Posted: 7:20 PM
- Professors at North Carolina's flagship public university say the school should give up national championships, turn away some profits generated by big-time sports and apologize to a campus whistleblower after learning about a scheme that used fake to keep some athletes eligible for years.
- Drew Brees overcame a shaky start and threw for one touchdown and ran for another and the New Orleans Saints defeated the Carolina Panthers 28-10 to take over first place in the NFC South.
- Four Star General and eastern North Carolina Native Hugh Shelton, retired Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, tells WITN in an exclusive and wide-ranging interview, that the battle against ISIS cannot be won without ground forces.
- With less than a week to go before midterm elections, no race is hotter than North Carolina's, where Democratic Senator Kay Hagan is fighting to keep her seat, tied in the latest polls with Republican challenger Thom Tillis.
- The former Elizabeth City State University student who became a city council member after an appeal to the N.C. Board of Elections is resigning less than a year after being sworn into office.
- From the mountains to the coast, people representing approximately 1,600 Baptist churches are in Greenville for the 147th annual session of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina.
- The state Transportation Department will close a 3-mile-long section of U.S. 264 near the border of Dare and Hyde counties for bridge work in the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777