Updated: 8:39 AM
- As Belhaven mayor Adam O' Neal reaches his destination of Washington D.C. in his walk for Vidant Pungo, answers about the ongoing battle regarding the recently closed hospital will be provided when hospital officials meet Monday.
Updated: 5:35 AM
- The woman authorities say backed over a 2-year-old child in Pender County last Saturday, who later died from injuries, is now facing a new charge from this weekend for drinking and driving.
- The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a resolution introduced by 3rd District Republican Congressman to prohibit the deployment of U.S. armed forces in a sustained combat role in Iraq without congressional authorization.
- Marine Corps officers in North Carolina are launching a formal investigation into whether a Lebanese-American Marine deserted his unit in Iraq or later after returning to the United States.
- Millions of dollars in health insurance rebates will be coming to consumers in North Carolina from companies the government says spent too much of premium dollars on profits and red tape last year.
Updated: 6:01 AM
- Heartbreak in one community takes a heated tone of anger for some as they said goodbye to a 7-year-old boy who was hit by a bullet that sailed into his home while the child was sleeping.
- A new report from the Center for the Study of the American Electorate at American University, shows NC is one of only a few states where voting participation was not down compared to the 2010 mid-term elections.