- A telephone con artist contacts senior citizens and poses as a grandchild. The caller is frantic, in distress, and usually calling from a noisy location. In some cases the caller also poses as a grandchild under arrest, and in other cases the caller will pose as law enforcement. The law enforcement officer gets on the phone and explains all the fines that need to be paid.
- As charity efforts begin, to help those affected by the deadly earthquake in Nepal, North Carolina Attorney General, Roy Cooper, is urging people to be cautious of who you send money to.
- If you heard the FBI or some out-of-state police detective wanted to talk to you about a complaint, you would likely want to clear things up right? That is just what some scammers are hoping for as they dial numbers. Before they dial yours, read more about today's scam alert.
- Many of us are addicted to our smart phones now. So imagine your screen locking up, saying you violated some federal law. You would probably take it seriously- and that is just what scammers want!
- Scammers are targeting college students looking to make a quick buck with a point-and-click charade which could put the student's bank account in jeopardy and even lead to criminal charges.
- We talk about how to keep yourself and your family healthy, but what about your smart phone? That is a New Year's resolution the Better Business Bureau wants you to take seriously so you avoid being the victim of a crook.
- If you do any online shopping you know once you click "purchase," you can expect a confirmation email in your inbox within seconds. Scammers know that too, and they are trying to use it against you.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777