Passwords for some users of professional networking site LinkedIn and dating site eHarmony may have been leaded online. Google has also started warning users about possible cyber attacks against Gmail accounts.
The state Attorney General's office has offered the following advice about online passwords:
1. Change your password every few months
2. Avoid using easily identifiable information for your password - like your mother's maiden name, pet's name, or consecutive numbers like "1,2,3,4."
3. Avoid using easy information for your security password - like your child's name - since it might be easily picked up on Facebook.
4. Don't use the same password for multiple accounts.
5. Take advantage of extra security measures offered by some email providers and social media sites.