- Scammers are targeting college students looking to make a quick buck with a point-and-click charade which could put the student's bank account in jeopardy and even lead to criminal charges.
- We talk about how to keep yourself and your family healthy, but what about your smart phone? That is a New Year's resolution the Better Business Bureau wants you to take seriously so you avoid being the victim of a crook.
- If you do any online shopping you know once you click "purchase," you can expect a confirmation email in your inbox within seconds. Scammers know that too, and they are trying to use it against you.
- The Better Business Bureau wants you to be aware of a scam where crooks are sending phishing emails with fake tracking numbers claiming there is a problem with delivering your package.
- We know gift cards are one of the most popular gifts to stuff stockings with this year, but gift card givers beware! Scammers have found a way to drain those cards before you buy them!
- One scam is surfacing just in time to take advantage of the giving, holiday spirit. It may prompt people to do something nice for an acquaintance, though these soon-to-be victims likely know better.
- While more and more people are relying on plastic rather than cash to buy things now, in store or online, some opt for a pre-paid card. But beware- scammers are out to get their hands on the money you load on those cards.
- This is about the time of year people are perusing the internet for a side job to pick up a bit of extra cash for the holidays. However, scammers are using some seemingly legitimate tactics to target job seekers.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777