Obama To Take On Economy In State Of The Union

President Barack Obama is getting ready to deliver an election-year State of the Union address heavy on economic themes when he addresses a joint session of Congress and millions of television viewers.

Obama's annual speech, scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. Tuesday night comes in the midst of an already heated re-election campaign as Republicans Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney fight for his job.

Polls show that Americans are preoccupied with the economy and that's where Obama will focus when he takes the podium.

Obama will make an argument tonight for economic fairness for the middle class and argue that he's the one to deliver it. He'll also talk about manufacturing, education, clean energy and American values.

• by WhyILoveobama. on Jan 24, 2012 at 05:01 PM
    The bottom line is people,rebok hussein amabo(the backwards man) has turned this country against itself.He will take credit for everthing and make everything lies and the soros media will brain wash the obamazombies to keep the hopey changey thing going his way.When you hear his lisp there is an asp at the other end saying mmm,mmm,mmm rebok hussein amabo!!!What other reason is there to vote for this dolt?That's WhyILoveobama.
  • by Wolfgang Location: Chocowinity,NC on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:48 PM
    Obama will never win the 2012 election without ACORN! Obama would never have been elected President. If was not for his friends at ACORN , and thier voter fraud scams. Barack Obama working with ACORN as a "community organizer" and legal attorney representative. ACORN's political action committee had endorsed his presidential candidacy back in 2008. Let's take a closer look at the ACORN Obama knows. Last July, ACORN settled the largest case of voter fraud in the history of Washington State. Seven '7' ACORN workers had submitted nearly 2,000 bogus voter registration forms. According to case records, they flipped through phone books for names to use on the forms, including "Leon Spinks," "Frekkie Magoal" and "Fruto Boy Crispila." Three '3' ACORN election hoaxers pleaded guilty in October. A King County prosecutor called ACORN's criminal sabotage "an act of vandalism upon the voter rolls." The group's vandalism on electoral integrity is systemic. ACORN has been implicated in similar voter fraud schemes in Missouri, Ohio and at least 12 other states. The Wall Street Journal noted: "In Ohio , a worker for one affiliate was given crack cocaine in exchange for fraudulent registrations that included underage voters, dead voters and pillars of the community named Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy and Jive Turkey. During a congressional hearing in Ohio in the aftermath of the 2008 election, officials from several counties in the state explained ACORN's practice of dumping thousands of registration forms in their lap on the submission deadlines, even though the forms had been collected months earlier.
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 04:20 PM in reply to Wolfgang
      ACORN vs VOTER SUPPRESSION whats the difference?
      by Lavon on Jan 24, 2012 at 04:32 PM in reply to Wolfgang
      Hey do you still think Sarah Palin is going to win Lol
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 05:48 PM in reply to Wolfgang
      So why are the Repugs so desperately attacking him so much if he can only be reelected with ACORN?
  • by Disgruntled(ex)worker on Jan 24, 2012 at 01:06 PM
    I have never in my 48 years of life had to live as poor as I am right now.The last three years have been a hell on my family.This fool should trying living off noodles and pork&beans for three years with no work around.I cant wait for the riots to come in november!I am prepared.I suggest everbody else be.
      by Lavon on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:07 PM in reply to Disgruntled(ex)worker
      Well get off your sorry behind and get out and go to work then. Im not living poor. My family and I are fine. So the question is what is your problem? Can you not cut in a real mans world?
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 04:19 PM in reply to Disgruntled(ex)worker
      Been living on Food Stamps and other Social Programs uh?? Get a job!!!
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 04:53 PM in reply to Disgruntled(ex)worker
      So, you have been living off pork&beans and noodles for 3 years? And please tell us how you have afforded all the tons of beans and noodles for that long? How have you been paying your mortgage, car payments, insurance, clothing, taxes, utility bill, heating bill, etc? Sounds like you are lying to me. Just another osoc troll.
  • by Lubba Location: Tell me on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    Lavon, I am the working middle class, the class the pays all the taxes. I am employed at the moment. I have health care ins. Please in your best words, tell me how I am better off than I was 3 years ago. Tell me what the Prez. has done to help the WORKING middle class? Gas. Food, Electric servive has skyrocketed under Obama (just as Bush in early 2008). No raises, less money due to high cost. How, tell me what has he done? NOTHING!!!!!! I know you will not respond because everyone on here knows how you avoid the real issues. My god man wake up. obama has failed the working middle class. Can you open your eyes dude?
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 05:01 PM in reply to Lubba
      Well, duh, anyone with a brain understand the gop is all about protecting the interests of the rich, and them alone.
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 05:52 PM in reply to Lubba
      Uh-oh another osoc alias.
  • by Lavon Location: Goldsboro on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    As I sit here and read these posts. It just baffles me how you people just get up here and arbitrarily make stuff to support your argument. I mean really you just pull stuff out of thin air that makes no sense at all or have no kind of data to back up what your saying. Then on top of that when your presented with the facts you say it's a lie because it's not what you wanna hear? You people are INSANE!!.. I mean you hate Obama so much where you can't even reason with your own self concious. You hate Obama so much where you won't even believe hard facts...Wow.. just Wow.
  • by Lavon Location: Goldsboro on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    Obama wants to suck the life out of rich people? As in how? So let me get this straight. The Republicans just tried to raise your taxes and keep tax cuts for the rich and you mean to tell me that that's ok with you? You mean to tell me that you would rather pay higher taxes as a middle class taxpayer while rich people pay a lower tax rate? Are you serious? That type of ignorance is what you call "Slave Mentality" You have been brainwashed by society where You don't even care enough about yourself or have enough self esteem to even want to keep more of your own money. You rather the Government take more money from you in taxes and give it to the rich. WOW!!! Ignorance is truly bliss. You know what. If that's your twisted way of thinking then the Government needs to take your money because you don't have enough sense to even want your own money. The Government should raise your taxes!
      by Wow on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM in reply to Lavon
      Wow, you need some serious mental help!! Not one person up here, democrat or republican, said or even indicated in any way that they wanted their taxes raised. Seriously, PCMH has a good psych ward, you should check yourself in now, before you hurt yourself or someone else.
        by wake-up on Jan 24, 2012 at 05:55 PM in reply to Wow
        With the economy still uncertain, Newt Gingrich announced his plan which proposes a new tax system of an across the board 15% rate. In the end, Gingrich’s plan gives millionaires a $600,000 tax break, while lower class families will pay a higher rate than the wealthy. Mitt Romney, Gingrich’s main Republican contender for the moment, uses tax loopholes to pay a 15% rate. At the same time Romney wants to raise taxes on half of the middle class families with children. Meanwhile, his proposal adds a $6.6 trillion tax cut for the wealthy and corporations.
      by Obama Snake Oil Co on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM in reply to Lavon
      Well, when gas prices have been 300% higher and groceries and goods are 25% higher than when Bush was in office, yep, Obama is sucking the life out of the middle class and the poor. And thanks for proving that ignorance is bliss with with woefull demonstration of it. Now go back to the plantation and do what Obama tells you too.
        by Lavon on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:16 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
        I remember 4dollar a gallon when Bush was President. Gas is 300percent higher? So basically by your numbers that would put gas now around 7bucks a gallon. See what im talking about when I say you people just make stuff up. I mean just make up blatent lies. That's just pure stupidity
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Jan 25, 2012 at 06:24 AM in reply to Lavon
          How long did it last lavon...6 months...then it dropped to $1.61 per gallon. Its now been three years counting and the price of gas has been over $3 dollars a gallon. Lavon, with you, as always, stupidity abounds....all those numbers are online...that means you can get that with a google search on a computer.
        by W hat ? on Jan 24, 2012 at 06:05 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
        Since 2002, the four basic crops, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans, have had bigger price swings than all food commodities as a whole. In the period between June 2010 and March 2011, the four-crop index rose 70%, compared with 39% for the food commodity index compiled by the International Monetary Fund. However, rice prices are half off their 2008 peak and have barely budged since June 2010. When prices for farm products rise, farmers plant more, and prices decline and so the USDA projects near term declines in prices for major crops. Longer term, keep a weather eye on national trade policies, the US dollar, and energy prices. Idiot!
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Jan 25, 2012 at 06:22 AM in reply to W hat ?
          That is because the president wants to burn food in our tanks....think green, fools.
  • by country boy Location: havelock on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    So after 3 years of pushing his "socialist" agenda, he is now ready to tackle the economy. Please Mr President, it was your socialist programs, ie Obama Care, Food Stamps, Medicaid, that got us where we are today. Anyone who do not belive this is a fool. The people in SC has set the tone, he will get booted out in November.
  • by 40some on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    He'll be quick to put out there how it's all the republican's fault, and he wonders why they won't work with him.
      by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 06:07 PM in reply to 40some
      Ummmm I know WHY they won't work with him, they never intended to.
  • by Lavon Location: Goldsboro on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    If you don't have a job it's because your sorry and don't wanna work. I've never looked for a job and couldn't find one. REPUBLICANS! Stop being lazy and get your sorry behinds out and find a job
      by obamanot on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM in reply to Lavon
      "I've never looked for work","I will not have to pay for gas or pay my mortgage"!Sounds just like an obama voter...Google that last quote lavon.I find it rather amusing.
  • by BLAHammed on Jan 24, 2012 at 09:42 AM
    This shleprock should stay in bed.Every time he rears his ugly head and opens his flap something bad happens.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137950258 - witn.com/a?a=137950258