New Poll Numbers In The Race For North Carolina Governor

We have new poll numbers on the race for Governor in North Carolina

Public Policy Polling says their latest surveys show Republican Pat McCrory topping both of the leading Democratic candidates for governor by double digits. The poll shows McCrory leading Walter Dalton by 11 points.

When matched against Bob Etheridge, McCrory leads him by 10 points.

• by Jim Location: Chapel Hill on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    It’s sad how ignorant the American people can be. The repubs destroyed the economy and were voted out of office; The repub agenda screwed things up so bad that the economy couldn’t be fixed in two years, so the repubs ran on the promise that they would fix it. Then they came in and did the same thing they did to ruin the economy in the first place. Now the country is recovering, led by the states that elected Democrats to their legislatures, and invested in the country and didn’t try to fix the unemployment problem with wholesale layoffs like they did here in NC. Since taking control of the state legislature the repubs have driven North Carolina down to being the seventh worse run state in the country, If they win in Nov., They can drive us down to being the #1 worst run state in the country, then we all lose.
      by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM in reply to Jim
      This will explain why democrats were voted out of NC; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-rTHOpgxE
      by a on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM in reply to Jim
      Apparently you are unaware that Republicans have not had power in NC for 60 years
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on Mar 14, 2012 at 02:59 PM
    I wish to see Patrick Ballantine run for governor again. He had some great ideas on how to run the state of North Carolina.
      by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM in reply to Sam
      Former state Sen. Patrick Ballantine has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, listing assets of $819,937 and liabilities of $6.2 million, according to court records. Under Chapter 7, assets are liquidated to pay creditors. In a Chapter 11 filing, in contrast, a business or individual seeks protection from creditors as it reorganizes to repay its debts. Ballantine, of Wilmington, listed debts totaling more than $3 million in connection with investments in The Peninsula development in Ocean Isle Beach, where he held a 12.5 percent interest, according to the filing in late June in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Eastern North Carolina.
  • by Mr. America Location: downeast on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    Democrats are like rats in a sinking ship,nation wide panic on a scale never seen.They have pushed until the state,and nations back is up against the wall,and now we are coming out swinging.In a loud voice America is saying "NO MORE",the tax and spend days are over.The democrats have done like Japan,they have awaken a sleeping giant.
      by Anonymous on Mar 15, 2012 at 03:47 PM in reply to Mr. America
      You sound like Mr. Iran.
        by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 06:22 AM in reply to
        You sound like Chairman Mao.....
  • by Dave Location: Wilson on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    Even a democrat polling form can not help their candidates win.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 06:17 AM
    The democrats have spam emailed me so many times, I would not vote for them if they were the only ones on the ballot. Same goes for anyone that robo calls me.
      by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 07:32 AM in reply to
      They keep robo calling me too. It's supposed to be illegal, but since it's politicians...
        by buckofama on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM in reply to REM
        I had somebody from the democrap party call me a few days ago wanting money.As if obama don't have enough.Well I seriously doubt they will be calling me back after my 2 minute rant to her.I could hear the poor little koolade drinking college girls voice getting shaky about to cry before I hung up on her.
          by Votto on Mar 15, 2012 at 04:11 AM in reply to buckofama
          Wow, youre a real tough guy OSOC
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 06:23 AM in reply to buckofama
          Votto, my goodness, that paranoid thing you got going on is scaring the old people and children....
        by a on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM in reply to REM
        Illegal, but not for politics or companies who have you as a client.
  • by Tim Location: Greenville on Mar 14, 2012 at 06:13 AM
    I wished they'd make it illegal to give ANY poll numbers out or to even do them.
      by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 07:07 AM in reply to Tim
      It should be illegal, it compromises the integrity of an election
        by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 14, 2012 at 08:40 AM in reply to Votto
        Comrads....geez, filtering information for your side? All you communists are alike....so things aren't going your way...just pound sand on the beach and yell like the other libterds now...so when the big party comes in November you will be prepared for your huge loss....yeah...Obama is finished.
          by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 09:28 AM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
          Are you blind? I guess you missed my post where I stated that I think Purdue is an idiot and that I want her out of office, so I will be voting for McCrory. Thank you for displaying your ignorance once again though.
          by Anonymous on Mar 15, 2012 at 03:47 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
          Have you finished middle school yet?
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 06:26 AM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
          Wow, the desperation of the left....you don't like the polls that say Obama lost months ago and want to changed to suit your communist doctrine. Well, can I suggest you make that move to cuba.
        by oxymoron alert on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM in reply to Votto
        Please don't use the words integrity nd election in the same sentence, they are an oxymoron. I really don't know why they even do polls anymore people change their mind on things as much (or little) as they change their socks.
      by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 08:24 AM in reply to Tim
      I can agree with that. I also think political parties are a total shame and should be done away with. People need to use common sense and their own opinions rather than that of politicians and the rich elite. That's not to say that sharing opinions is a bad thing.
        by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 09:20 AM in reply to REM
        But that would mean also doing away with the Republicans. Obama Snake Oil would have nothing to live for. Oh and common sense mentioned in a reply to OSOC.........Nope.
          by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM in reply to
          I would have no problem with Republicans being dismantled as well. They stopped defending and upholding the merits of a true republic nation a long time ago. Almost as bad as a bunch of people thinking that a democracy will not eventually lead to socialistic dictatorships (or oligarchy). What we have now is a total oligarchy, but most people are oblivious to that.
        by again oxymoron alt on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM in reply to REM
        OK, as with election and integrity, common sense and politics can be considered oxymorons, because politicians don't have common sense.
  • by Bubba on Mar 14, 2012 at 05:51 AM
    Yeah... McCory... Because the role of government is to make sure that capitalism rules. Because Capitalism and Democracy are the same thing. Power to the shareholders!
  • by REM Location: ENC on Mar 14, 2012 at 05:16 AM
    I hope we get to see what kind of job McCrory can do as gov. He seems like a truly good candidate, and he should have defeated Bev. last election.
      by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 05:50 AM in reply to REM
      As a democrat I completely agree, Bev has been awful for the state
      by Who on Mar 14, 2012 at 06:01 AM in reply to REM
      Former Charlotte Mayor = 0 interest in Eastern NC after election
        by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 07:31 AM in reply to Who
        @Who: How can you automatically assume something like that? I'm so sick of this pre-judgmental society.
        by @Who on Mar 14, 2012 at 08:57 AM in reply to Who
        You are so wrong. He has family connections in ENC!!
        by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM in reply to Who
        I wouldn't doubt it, since bev's from New Bern and she didn't do anything for ENC. Have you noticed that none of the big companies coming to NC are east of I95? Thanks Raleigh.
          by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM in reply to
          Sorry I meant to the WEST of I95.
          by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM in reply to
          Look at the population to see why no-one is coming to ENC. We are mostly lazy and incompetent over here. Look at the unemployment rate; it's the highest in NC. Unemployment is a choice.
          by Jody on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM in reply to
          Unemployment is a choice? Pretty broad statement there. Tell that to people who's companies closed shop and left town. Tell that to people who have been downsized. Yeah, that was their choice, I guess.
          by REM on Mar 15, 2012 at 05:17 AM in reply to
          Not seeking opportunity in life to better yourself is a choice. Before I got my (fairly nice) career job, I worked some hard labor and low wage job! Why are so many people under the impression that the taxpayers should subsidize their laziness?! There are literally millions of jobs out there waiting to be filled, but most people are too proud to take them. I know I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I could make it by with two jobs to compensate for losing a good one. I am one of the few that actually thinks unemployment is a TEMPORARY solution to hold you over until you find SOMETHING out there. There are jobs out there; no excuses!
        by Tim from Vanceboro on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM in reply to Who
        Former Lt Gov and New Bern resident..no interest in eastern NC after election (other than to tax and spend us to death)
  • by McIntosh Location: The South on Mar 14, 2012 at 04:57 AM
    Well, this time the "straight ballot" might be a good idea!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 04:52 AM
    Your end is near bevobama.
      by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 07:06 AM in reply to
      Since you think they have so much in common, would you care to point out the similarites between the two other than their party affiliations, bet you cant
        by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 07:41 AM in reply to Votto
        Didnt think so Obama Snake Oil Co., much like your name, your comments and the childish nicknames you make up for people make no sense
        by I Can - I Can on Mar 14, 2012 at 08:06 AM in reply to Votto
        They are both idiots and don't deserve the vote for dog catcher!
        by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 08:25 AM in reply to Votto
        Bev pretty much mirrors and admires Obama in a lot of aspects. I don't know that they are exactly alike, but really close. And that isn't based on party, but policy.
          by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 09:17 AM in reply to REM
          Not quite, Bev held many conservative beliefs that are not held by most democrats in office, she was pro-gun, she wanted to expand the use of the death penalty, and she pushed for stronger punishment for drug-related crimes. She also held a strong stance against illegal immigrants, even denying citizenship, and wanted expansion of our miltary personnel. She strongly favored teacher led prayers in school as well as a three strike criminal penalty and was strongly opposed to benefits for same-sex couples. Doesnt sound much like Obama to me, or a democrat for that matter, she was a right leaning moderate, except for her pro choice views. I actually educate myself on the stances of political personnel before I make any back handed statements.
          by REM on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM in reply to REM
          I just go by the negative things I have seen about her, I will admit. If what you say is true, then she all bad I guess (though, no-one is perfect). I still don't like a lot of her viewpoints though.
        by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM in reply to Votto
        My point was they are both gone in november.Geez man you can't see that in them five or words.
        by McIntosh on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM in reply to Votto
        Sadly, the person and their integrity, or lack thereof, have pretty much become irrelevant. You MUST look at their party and determine if their party's platform and values match yours. Too many -- in both parties -- vote in lock-step.
          by Votto on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM in reply to McIntosh
          No, you MUST look at the candidate and determine if their policies and platforms match yours. If you vote based solely on party affiliation then you are part of the reason that politics has become the mess it is today.
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM in reply to McIntosh
          Good point, as a democrat, I do pick and chose, however, when I did pick Carter, that was the last time. Clinton was OK in his first term but better with a GOP congress....my point is I knew to read Obamas book and learn about him. A chicago thug with ties corruption to the Weather underground henchmen. I told people not to vote for him. I would have given Hillary a chance, however, she blew it in the primaries. Instead, the DNC put in the worst liberal candidate based on his "then middle of the road" kind of guy. Wrong, vastly left. I do not trust him now for all the damage he has done nor would I consider changing my mind after term one. Just like Carter, no second chance after a dismal fail....

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142596546 - witn.com/a?a=142596546