Greenville Native Taking Job With Vice President Biden

The chief of staff for Democrat Congressman G.K. Butterfield will be taking a new position working for the Vice President.

Butterfield says Greenville native Tonya Williams is the new director of legislative affairs at the office of Vice President Joe Biden.

Williams is a graduate of UNC Chapel Hill and the UNC School of Law.

Williams worked at the State Court of Appeals, and served as general counsel to Senator Marc Basnight before joining Butterfield's staff.

Williams will begin her new job this week.

• by momof2 Location: greenville on Feb 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    Stop hating and just give credit where credit is due!!! Congratulations Tonya C/O 91!!!!
  • by Once Again Location: ayden on Nov 22, 2011 at 01:45 PM
    Director of legeslative affairs??? What?? What happened to the other "Director of Legeslative Affairs?? Enjoy while you can...party is about over!!!
  • by rogelio Location: pitt county on Nov 22, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    May not be a smart move....."plugs" Biden is gonna be lookin a job next january.
  • by Martha Logemann Location: Winston-Salem on Nov 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    Congratulations! We should all be proud that one of the great state of North Carolina's daughters is working in the Obama/Biden administration. Best of luck to you.
  • by Allen Location: Washington on Nov 22, 2011 at 07:38 AM
    Congratulations to a very professional woman.
  • by Rodney Location: Greenville on Nov 22, 2011 at 06:20 AM
    I would say I can't believe all of the negative comments that have been posted but why cann't people just congratulate a person for getting an opporunity at a better job. I feel she knows that this job could last only a year or could be for 5 more years. It could go longer if the current vice-president runs for president one day. Tonya congrats on your new position and God bless
  • by Kay Location: Emerald Isle on Nov 22, 2011 at 06:19 AM
    FAB!!! How exciting! My first job out of college was working for a Congressman. That position opened many doors for me later on. This will do the same for Ms. Williams. Good for her!
  • by ?? on Nov 22, 2011 at 05:56 AM
    I don't get some of you! You complain if blacks are poor and uneducated, calling them lazy. You complain if blacks are financially independent and educated. What do you want? To hold some of us down? Get over yourselves, some of us have chosen to move up and onward.. MOVE OVER!! Congrats Tonya!
      by Russ on Nov 22, 2011 at 06:52 AM in reply to ??
      I didn't pay any attention to the fact she was black, the fact you make an issue of it shows your racism. I only see it as another waste of taxpayer money. The fools can't cut a single dollar out of the budget but they can create new positions? Just more spending we can't cover. Try looking at the big picture for a change.
      by Obama Snake Oil Co on Nov 22, 2011 at 07:46 AM in reply to ??
      I cannot see where anyone here is playing any race card but you. What people are posting is in regards to the party she is joining with Butterfield. If you haven't noticed, the are a dismal failure and will most likely be gone in 2012. I know Obama is, not sure about the senate yet. Butterfield voted for all the spending that DC had to offer and threw you and all of us into a massive debt. One that all the rich people, if taxed 100%, couldn't put a dent in. So that is nothing to be proud of from a party standpoint. As far as her future, she will get a good position with a plus on her resume for similar jobs. As far as a regular job, I wouldn't let anyone knew I worked for the DNC in any capacity, nothing to be proud of...really.
      by Who?? on Nov 22, 2011 at 07:59 AM in reply to ??
      Please point out to me who, other than yourself, bought up race. You are the only one so I guess you need to look in the mirror when you talk about holding black people back, it is YOU not us!!
      by Mother of Two on Nov 22, 2011 at 08:14 AM in reply to ??
      You are right some of us is move up and out!!!! Congrats Tonya wish you the best!!!!!! :)
  • by successful Location: pitt co on Nov 22, 2011 at 05:49 AM
    When I read the negative comments, I can't help but think that the people responsible for writing them must be miserable and jealous of the success of others. When you write comments trashing the accomplishments of others, you may as well be saying, "I'm a person with low self-esteem who is afraid or unable to improve my situation in life, so I choose to write negative comments about people who are doing the things I only wish I could do."
      by REM on Nov 22, 2011 at 07:21 AM in reply to successful
      I'm pretty sure the people are mad because the government has this innate ability to have an blank checkbook. MASSIVE debts and down-scaling of government does not happen when people keep getting hired off the back of the taxpayer.
  • by Marsha Location: Greenville on Nov 22, 2011 at 05:34 AM
    Congratulations, Tonya. Well earned, well deserved. He's lucky to have you on board. (Can you help us get a Sullivan's in Greenville? ;)

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134297403 - witn.com/a?a=134297403