GOP Primaries Today In Alabama And Mississippi

Mitt Romney is working to seal his status as the Republican presidential front-runner with a thus-far-elusive victory in the Deep South.

Closely fought primaries in Alabama and Louisiana offer the former Massachusetts governor a key opportunity in a region that has been slow to embrace him. Today's primaries are also poised to render a possible final verdict on Newt Gingrich's Southern-focused candidacy.

With polls showing an unexpectedly tight race in the conservative bellwether states, Romney made a campaign appearance Monday in Alabama -- a clear indication that he was eyeing a potential win there.

Rick Santorum, who has angled to campaign head-to-head with Romney, is pressing the case again that Gingrich should consider stepping aside. He plans to watch returns from Louisiana, which holds its primary later this month.

• by Obama Location: Ncaa tournament on Mar 13, 2012 at 05:08 PM
    Vote for me and ya'll will need all the contraceptives you can get, any way you can get'em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      by Anonymous on Mar 13, 2012 at 06:46 PM in reply to Obama
      Bait and Switch...If the economy cannot be your talking point, then find something else to complain about. Typical GOPer. BTW bring up Muslin next time, that will surely get your cults motor going.
        by Obamasays on Mar 13, 2012 at 08:00 PM in reply to
        I am so lucky that my followers don't get the point, understand or care about any thing i say or do.
  • by Ha Ha Ha on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    Alexandra Pelosi interviews Mississippi residents. Snake Oil/Wolfgang was the guy without teeth you or one of your kin folk? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuI2LEKHGiQ
      by obamanot on Mar 13, 2012 at 03:42 PM in reply to Ha Ha Ha
      Why are you not occupying Wall Street pooping on police cars,urinating on the streets in public,starting riots,spreading bed bugs from tent to tent?Your mommy finally put her foot down on you for seeing you on msnbc every night?
        by Anonymous on Mar 13, 2012 at 06:44 PM in reply to obamanot
        Obamanot, do you still have your mis-spelled Tea Bagger signs? I could have sworn I saw you in the video also.
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:18 AM in reply to
          Did I read, I know you are but what am I?....desperate time for liberals require desperate acts as libterds.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    $2.50 per gal? you Repugs will believe anything! When all else fails....yell MUSLIM!
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    what is really sad but true, is some actually thought obama would be a leader. Today 27% still think he is....now thats sad after a dismal failure of 3 years. Heck, blaming it on someone else is a true sign you are no leader.
      by W hat ? on Mar 13, 2012 at 06:42 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
      Ha ha, well Newt, Santorum and Romney are still behind him in the polls. If Obama is at 27%, where do that put these Clowns?
        by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:12 AM in reply to W hat ?
        What liberal polls are you referring to? The ones that tell you what you want to hear or the ones that say he lost months ago?
  • by SadbutTrue on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    "In Alabama and Mississippi – about half still believe he (Obama) is Muslim and about 1 in 4 believes his parents’ interracial marriage should have been illegal, a new poll shows"
      by Bubba on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM in reply to SadbutTrue
      Hmmm, not the brightest amongst the 50 states, so why would this be a surprise. Vote for Newt; a stupid persons idea of what a smart person should look and act like.
        by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:14 AM in reply to Bubba
        You mean 57 states...Obama already clarified it. You know, that stupid persons idea of what a smart person should look and act like? Yeah, that guy.
      by obamanot on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM in reply to SadbutTrue
      A new poll also shows his approval rating is at an ALL TIME LOW.This is TRUE and I aint SAD!
      by Anonymous on Mar 13, 2012 at 03:02 PM in reply to SadbutTrue
      why not
  • by Obama on Mar 13, 2012 at 09:22 AM
    Things can get worse, vote for me and I will prove it!!
  • by Newt Location: FantasyLand on Mar 13, 2012 at 07:18 AM
    $2.50 for gas! Vote for me!
      by obamanot on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM in reply to Newt
      "Vote for me and it will be $8".This is pinnochiobama,and I approve this message.
        by Party of Idiots on Mar 13, 2012 at 06:40 PM in reply to obamanot
        I don't recall President Obama saying that, but I do recall Newt Gingrich making that empty claim, I wonder how many Yaa-hoots actually believed him? Probably all of the Teafarters.
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:16 AM in reply to Party of Idiots
          So, now that we know you are from the party of idiots, Obamas energy secretary said it. Its on youtube genius...

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142438205 - witn.com/a?a=142438205