Woman Set Afire In Elevator Of Her NYC Building, Suspect Arrested

A New York City man has been charged with dousing a woman with a flammable liquid and setting her afire with a Molotov cocktail inside an elevator.

Police say Jerome Isaac, of Brooklyn, was arrested Sunday on murder and arson charges in the death of 73-year-old Deloris Gillespie.

Authorities say the 47-year-old Isaac ambushed Gillespie in the elevator of her Brooklyn apartment building on Saturday afternoon. The attack was recorded by two video cameras, including one inside the small elevator.

Police say Isaac reeked of gasoline when he walked into a police station overnight and implicated himself in Gillespie's death.

Before the arrest, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne wouldn't comment on a motive but said the suspect knew Gillespie.

It wasn't immediately clear if Isaac had a lawyer.

• by Ewe2 Location: Ayden on Dec 19, 2011 at 09:04 AM
    What is becoming of society? A human life is worth $2,000? If there is a crime that deserves capital punishment, it is this crime. In fact, what this evil individual needs is be punished to a point where he wishes he was dead, bring him back to life, and punish him repeatedly to the point of death.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 19, 2011 at 06:22 AM
    For all your idiot comments. Imagine if this was your Mom or grandmother. Then again...it's moron's lke the ones who make their stupid comments that would do this horrible act.
  • by Forellikiavai on Dec 18, 2011 at 09:16 PM
    Geez. Did she do something to make him go off his rocker or something?
      by Anonimouse on Dec 19, 2011 at 03:59 AM in reply to Forellikiavai
      More than one person has posted that implication. Does it really MATTER what triggered the incident? I'll say it this way.. No, she didn't MAKE HIM go off his rocker. Don't you think if someone is capable of torching a human being to death they're already "off their rocker"? My God, what is wrong with some of you? Is that all you can ponder and debate after reading this horrific account? It's important to analyze the motivation and look for blame in the victim??? Gee.. happy holidays. Guess what, he's a MURDERER and a gruesome one! I don't think there IS a "reason" for this!
  • by dirty harry Location: Washington on Dec 18, 2011 at 08:37 PM
    I bet he just finished eating a pumpkin pie and yes it does look like. A pie pan.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Dec 18, 2011 at 07:12 PM
    I read about this earlier, on another news site. This was an horrific murder for this senior. I am so glad the murderer has been caught. This is so horrific, I am unable to comprehend it. He needs to be executed in the same manner, if he did this. God Bless that poor human being.
      by Anonimouse on Dec 18, 2011 at 08:58 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      According to the story he wasn't "caught", he turned himself in. Makes you wonder what the purpose was in doing something this horrid to another human being.. because it sounds like he just wanted to be behind bars. There are sick individuals like that. I agree, execute. I don't want to pay for keeping this POS alive.
      by Anonymous on Dec 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      Somehow "God bless that poor human being" and set the other one on fire just doesn't fit together for me.
        by Anon on Dec 19, 2011 at 05:38 AM in reply to
        Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Dec 19, 2011 at 01:26 PM in reply to
        Because he 'chose' to do that to another human being. He could have chosen NOT to do it. She got NO choice. You're right though; it's a horrible way to die; I shouldn't want it for anyone. I should just let our Creator handle it.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Dec 18, 2011 at 05:21 PM
    A like death is what he deserves,an eye for an eye tooth for a tooth.
      by sloops on Dec 19, 2011 at 06:44 AM in reply to pete
      I agree
  • by me on Dec 18, 2011 at 05:15 PM
    In response to 40some's comment, a man douses a woman with fuel and lights her on fire and kills her. And you are concerened about what he's wearing, you are as sick in the head as this sick pyro killer. Wake up you MORON.
      by More On? on Dec 18, 2011 at 08:33 PM in reply to me
      You're the one that looks bad here. Calling people names for asking a question? Do you snap at everyone like that? You'll excuse me if I don't offer my hand in friendship.
        by 40 on Dec 18, 2011 at 10:27 PM in reply to More On?
        Thank you, didn't think I was out of line, although sometimes I have to admit I am.
      by 40some on Dec 18, 2011 at 09:21 PM in reply to me
      I notice my comment is the only one you bothered with. Still sore about the time I embarrassed you on JDN? You should be more careful who you pick your battles with, save you from looking like a fool.
  • by 40some on Dec 18, 2011 at 03:31 PM
    What is that on his head? Looks like a pie pan.
      by obama voter on Dec 19, 2011 at 03:52 AM in reply to 40some
      Yes that probably be his obama tin foil hat.It be the new thing now.All us obama voter be done an wore ones.
  • by obamanot on Dec 18, 2011 at 02:55 PM
    Sounds like an occupy wallstreeter.
  • by dirty harry Location: Washington on Dec 18, 2011 at 02:10 PM
    Wow. She must have really mad him mad.that dude is nuts. Its not even safe to ride n a elevator now.poor. women she had to die that way.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135828193 - witn.com/a?a=135828193