Wendy's Set To Overtake Burger King

There will soon be a shakeup in the fast food burger wars.

Wendy's is moving up and is about to overtake Burger King as the number two hamburger chain.

Market-researchers say sales at Burger King are expected to drop nearly four-percent, while Wendy's is seeing an increase of just over one-percent.

This is the first time Wendy's will move into the number two spot since it was founded in 1969.

McDonald's remains the leader in the fast food industry.

• by just for the record on Dec 24, 2011 at 01:54 PM
    wendys in washington never gets my order right. probably because they cut me off midsentence when im making my order. and theyre drive through communications are rather shoddy. has nothing to do with the story, except that burger king has yet to mess up any of my orders. doesnt matter now since im cutting out fast food for my new yrs resolution!
  • by Eric Location: Chocowinity on Dec 23, 2011 at 11:39 PM
    It's no surprise. I remember when you could get a Whopper for a buck. It was a great deal, almost too good to be true. Whopper, medium fries, and a drink, I think the meal deal was $2.99. If you were really hungry you could get a second Whopper and still eat for under five bucks. Wendy's was always high, but they fed you. Then BK got greedy and moved the Whopper up, and then for the longest time you could get the Whopper Jr. for a buck. Now the Whopper Jr. is something like $1.79 and the Whopper is almost $3. If you're gonna spend money like that, you might as well just go to Wendy's or Hardee's. You'll still pay a buck or two more, but you'll eat better (relatively). Never mind you can still eat dirt cheap at Taco Bell. Taco Bell is the #1 Mexican-style fast-food restaurant because nobody competes with them here. And they're cheap. But if BK wants to get back up, they need to go back to catering to good hard-working folks who are willing to pay a little less to get a burger that blows McDonald's out of the water (not hard) but not quite spend the Wendy's/Hardee's money. Merry Christmas, y'all.
  • by salads and chilis Location: wendys on Dec 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    I've worked for Wendys most of my life ,and I do eat at other places , Mc D's , B K , Taco Bell , Hardies , ect .. And they all have issues .. Mc Ds patties are froozen and dont cover the bun . B. K. when I asked for no tomatoe , took it back to be fixxed they when to the kitchen open my sandwich , pulled off the tomatoe < with no glove > and gave me the same sandwich back . T. Bell is very skimpy on their product when making taco's . And yes Wendy's is not perfict , we make mistakes to . but we where gloves , make the item over . and our meat is never frozen and does cover the bun . I do have to say that our salads and chilli are the best . As for the lettuce , it is the best cause we wash , chop and cut our own lettuce . But I will always eat at other places , so I can learn from other fast food place , on what they do wrong or even right , so I can make sure my store doesn't make the same mistakes , or talk about how well some one else does .. So have a good life , eat where ever you want and be happy...
  • by Whopper Location: Burger King on Dec 23, 2011 at 05:06 PM
    I, myself, am a nationally renowned cheeseburger and I am confused as to how this happened. I rely on you fat pigs to eat ME over the competition, and this is the thanks I get? So what -- Wendy has good lettuce. No big whoop!
  • by Wharf Rat Location: OIB on Dec 23, 2011 at 04:22 PM
    If McD`s meat was any fresher, the jockey would still be riding it.
      by obamanot on Dec 24, 2011 at 05:40 AM in reply to Wharf Rat
      Is that why they taste like he is still sitting on it?
  • by Greenville, NC #1 in fast food on Dec 23, 2011 at 02:36 PM
    Since Greenville, NC is ranked first in the country in fast food consumption and has some of the most obese people in the country, we know our fast food. The sugar, grease, and fat served at each of this places is consumed widely...just look at the belly fat of almost every adult in Pitt Co.
      by Wendy McDonald on Dec 23, 2011 at 03:54 PM in reply to Greenville, NC #1 in fast food
      Really? Out of all the cities, towns and communities in the United States, little ol' Greenville is first?? Cite your information please.
        by Alex on Dec 23, 2011 at 04:07 PM in reply to Wendy McDonald
        I agree, this information is severely flawed. I would love to see the source of this nonsense. I highly doubt we compare to the likes of an Atlanta, GA or somewhere else that is much larger in size.
          by Anonymous on Dec 23, 2011 at 08:12 PM in reply to Alex
          I was told by a doctor that Greenville's ratio of resturants for number of people was one of the highest in the country.
  • by Formerly Pirateman on Dec 23, 2011 at 02:07 PM
    This is what happens when you microwave your burgers.
  • by Appalled Location: Chocowinity on Dec 23, 2011 at 01:24 PM
    Boy, you dummies sure have a lot of time to sit and gab about nasty food. I'd rather pick my nose and eat it than eat at any of these dumps.
      by BLAH on Dec 23, 2011 at 01:48 PM in reply to Appalled
      Well when you run out come pick mine.
  • by Jen on Dec 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    Founded by the Crips? Seriously? Actually it was founded in 1954 and I think the "Crips" came along a little later.
      by Anonymous on Dec 23, 2011 at 02:37 PM in reply to Jen
      Who are the Crips? According to BK site it was founded by James Mclamore and David Edgerton, not anyone named Crips.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    I prefer any of BK's sandwiches over McDonalds. The Whopper and the chicken sandwiches are what I normally get and I bypass the McD's at Bells Fork every chance I get for the BK.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136116683 - witn.com/a?a=136116683