Tax Refund Delay For Early Filers

If you filed your tax return early this year, you'll have to wait a week longer for your refund.

According to an IRS spokesman, the delay was caused by new safeguards installed in IRS computer systems to prevent refund fraud. The problem is limited to taxpayers who filed their returns before January 26.

Returns that were accepted on or after that date will not be affected.

• by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    I did the same thing i filed on 1/25/12 and the IRS is saying the 14th
  • by Pamela H. Location: Millport,AL on Feb 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    @Carolyn C. Have you checked to see if yours has come because my mother filed hers on the 26 of Jan and he said it was supposed to come back the next day and if it didn't come he said wait 8 days...but on the irs website it says Feb. 14...so we don't know
  • by Carolyn C. Location: Pine Bluff,Ar on Feb 1, 2012 at 07:09 PM
    That's a lie I filed on 1/25/12 and was accepted on 1/26/12 and it still says 2/14/2012. There's to much government involve in everyday life!! The IRS is full of it this doesn't make any sense.
      by Puff on Feb 3, 2012 at 04:12 PM in reply to Carolyn C.
      Check the "Wheres my refund" website every day. Mine said it would be back on the 14th. Today it said it would be back on the 7th.
  • by eric Location: pinetown on Feb 1, 2012 at 05:07 PM
    what is the web site to go to to check on your refund
      by REPLY on Feb 1, 2012 at 07:34 PM in reply to eric
      Eric go to www.irs.gov and click where is my refund
  • by Melissa Location: Swansboro on Feb 1, 2012 at 04:40 PM
    I filed prior to January 26th and received a message saying my return would be delayed, but my state refund came in Monday and my federal refund came today as originally planned. No delay for me!
      by eric on Feb 1, 2012 at 05:19 PM in reply to Melissa
      when did you file mine was suppose to come today and still has not come
  • by Anonymous on Jan 31, 2012 at 08:03 PM
    I think we should be able to claim whoever we want on our taxes. I take care of my niece and nephew all through the year and will be claiming them.
  • by waiting Location: aydenn on Jan 31, 2012 at 06:16 PM
    has anyone had a different date on irs site but has money or it is pending? mine says 22 an i filed 18th. did say 8th but chenged for delays. anyone have similar issues?
  • by patiently waiting Location: greenville on Jan 31, 2012 at 06:10 PM
    My refund date was 7th then changed to 21st sayin due to processessing delays my refund date was changed.. anyone else's saying that?
      by eric on Feb 1, 2012 at 05:12 PM in reply to patiently waiting
      how do you check to see when your new date is
  • by Anonymous on Jan 31, 2012 at 01:25 PM
    Re-read my post. I am not implying the EIC, child tax credit and exemption is one in the same. I am stating the formula for calculating these types of credits are the same as they were years ago..."pre-Obama".
  • by Anonymous on Jan 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    It's only a matter of time before some of them get caught. I'm sure there will be more and more audits than in past years. Unfortunately, with the influx of returnsfiled, the IRS is unable to scrutinize each one. And, another piece of advice to those claiming dependents that they have no right to claim....the tax preparer is NOT responsible for getting you out of the mess you created. Preparers are to only put in the information you provide. YOUR signature or PIN number is YOUR seal of approval that says YOU agree to everything in the return.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138384994 - witn.com/a?a=138384994