Recall Of Some Popular Toyota Models

A recall has been issued for some popular Toyota models.

One recall involves a steering wheel problem that could result in faulty airbags in Toyota Tacoma Pickups from 2005 to 2009. The second recall involves faulty brake lights in 2009 model year Camry Sedans and 2009 to 20011 Venza Crossover SUV's.

Toyota says there have been no injuries related to the problems.

• by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2012 at 02:29 AM
    Toyota used to be class leading, but with new companies like Hyundai producing higher quality products, twice as much warranty, beautiful designs inside and out.... all for LESS MONEY out the door, Toyota must spend more cash to keep up.
      by JD on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:16 AM in reply to
      Hard to say who is class leading these days. Lots of great choices. Hyundais have certainly improved and they are now competitive overall, but they aren't perfect. They still haven't got suspension tuning quite right. Every Hyndai I drive feels like the front and rear suspensions are from 2 different cars :) .
  • by john Location: farmville on Mar 8, 2012 at 05:02 PM
    i am all for buying american but i got some news for you they make parts for all of them
  • by Dec. 7, !941 on Mar 8, 2012 at 04:51 PM
    Remember Pearl Harbor!
  • by toyota falters Location: ENC on Mar 8, 2012 at 09:08 AM
    Toyota has been going downhill for the last 5 years or so. Not sure why, but they are making a sub standard product these days. My 1997 4Runner has 210k miles and still runs, but decided against Toyota when I recently purchased a new vehicle. Those talking about older models are when they made a great vehicle. The newer models are not the same in quality or reliability.
  • by Nana Location: Southern Pitt on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:56 AM
    I just bought my first Toyota Friday (4-runner) after shopping at area dealers for a couple of weeks. The Toyota folks gave me more warranty on that 4-runner than I could get with a new anything else.. At least they do stand behind their products.
  • by Moderators Nightmare on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:14 AM
    Some of you should do a little research on Toyo. They made cars with faulty heads for many years that built up sludge and they wouldn't recall them. The american press gave them a pass on this as well.
      by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2012 at 02:24 AM in reply to Moderators Nightmare
      I agree. A buddy's wife had an Avalon with less than 20,000 city miles.... had to get a new engine installed.
      by JD on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:14 AM in reply to Moderators Nightmare
      That's Toyota's all aluminum 3.0L V6 (car and minivant applications) you are speaking of. The problem with this engine is that they are more senstive to oil changes intervals. Change the oil every 3k and they'll run darn near forever with little trouble. But they don't tolerate neglect (such as going 10,000 miles on one oil change) like other engines do.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 06:53 AM
    No car manufacturer is perfect. Toyota is responsible enough to swallow their pride and issue the recall to fix the problems. You see so many Camrys and Toyota Trucks on the road. My mother has one from 1992 and it still drives like a Cadillac. Toyota is doing something right!!
  • by Choco Mama on Mar 8, 2012 at 06:13 AM
    If you think Toyota is junk you are more than welcome to buy me something else. Your comments hurt people. And people wonder where children bullying comes from.
  • by Luis Location: Greenville on Mar 8, 2012 at 05:57 AM
    Toyota used to make a great car i guess they do what every company does , build a name and start cutting back on quality to increase profit.
  • by SJ on Mar 8, 2012 at 04:27 AM
    Toyota builds junk... not surprising news at all
      by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 06:33 AM in reply to SJ
      you obviously know nothing about vehicles
      by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 06:46 AM in reply to SJ
      I have two of them. Have been very reliable.
        by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2012 at 02:27 AM in reply to
        my problem with Toyota is their "hiding" flaws. Instead of admitting to a recall, an error in their engineering, they quietly correct problems. As with the engine in my post above, it was labeled improper maintenance but they "exchanged" it for a new engine. Unheard of !
      by Liz on Mar 8, 2012 at 07:34 AM in reply to SJ
      I have a 2008 Toyota RAV4 that still drives like new. I love it. Best car I've ever owned.
      by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:17 AM in reply to SJ
      You must have no idea of all the other recalls on other brands.
      by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:29 AM in reply to SJ
      You then....as you said....must have been built by Toyota.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141880093 - witn.com/a?a=141880093