NJ Dad Arrested In Death Of Girl Tossed In Creek

New Jersey prosecutors say they will move quickly to extradite a man suspected of killing his 2-year-old daughter by tossing her into a creek while she was still strapped in her car seat.

Twenty-seven-year-old Arthur Morgan III was captured late Tuesday afternoon at a home in San Diego, Calif. The arrest came one week after he allegedly killed Tierra Morgan-Glover during a court-approved visit and then fled the state.

Morgan had been the subject of a nationwide manhunt. He was being held early Wednesday in California, and it was not clear when an extradition hearing would be scheduled.

The girl's mother, Imani Benton, called police after Morgan failed to return the child. She learned of his arrest when she arrived at a friend's home Tuesday night and heard people cheering.

• by 40some on Nov 30, 2011 at 03:55 PM
    Real intelligent, guess he didn't want to pay child support anymore.
  • by Mother of 2 Location: Washington on Nov 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    Brings tears to my eyes and makes me sick! Anyone that abuses a child should get the death penalty!!!!!
  • by Wondering on Nov 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    This is got to be the most horrendous story I have ever read on this site. How can he even live and breathe knowing he did this to his child who was helpless in preventing it. I realize some people do not believe in the death penalty but everyone should be required to read this story. Yes, it says to forgive those whom harm you but how could even the mother and father of this person even look at him and say I forgive you. I have grandchildren and love them as much or more than Peter loved the Lord but I am afraid what I would do to my natural child if they intentionally hurt one of them. After working in a penal institution for over 30 years it is known even the worst of those incarcerated do not like anyone harming a child so if you don't give him capital punishment be sure and put him in the regular population instead of Protective Custody as this child of God had no Protective Custody to help her during this moment. God Bless heer little soul and surely another angel has arrived in Heaven.
  • by CitizenT on Nov 30, 2011 at 06:31 AM
    I can't even imagine the grief that the mother is feeling. Knowing that your baby is no longer living and that she was murdered in such an inhumane way seems too much of an emotional burden for anyone to carry.
  • by Shea Location: ENC on Nov 30, 2011 at 06:28 AM
    Stories like this make me sick to my stomach to think a dad or mom would kill their own flesh and blood! That poor baby suffered in the own hands of her father, this is a demon and he needs the chair like NOW!! There is a special place for parents who hurt and kill their children!!
      by ncyankee on Nov 30, 2011 at 12:30 PM in reply to Shea
      yes, there is a place, and it is called 7734, (read up sid down), so sad, how in the world can people do this, this ol world is coming to an end..and you hear about it more and more.. GOD BLESS THE LITTLE ONE
  • by Billyjoejimbob on Nov 30, 2011 at 04:34 AM
    Put him to death. Preferably by strapping him in a car seat and throwing him in a river. An Eye for an Eye.
  • by Will Location: Greenville on Nov 30, 2011 at 02:55 AM
    How could u kill ur own child! I could never imagine harming 1 of my kids! Glad this monster is off the streets!
      by voter on Nov 30, 2011 at 05:52 AM in reply to Will
      you'd have to ask a liberal transplant, like yankin hank or billington.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134737523 - witn.com/a?a=134737523