Man Tries To Carry Away Girl At Georgia Walmart

Authorities say a 7-year-old girl recalled her stranger danger training and was able to get away from a parolee who tried to abduct her at a Walmart store in west Georgia.

Police Chief Keith Pesnell says 25-year-old Thomas A. Woods of Austell, Ga., tried to take the girl Wednesday from a toy aisle while her mom was in a different aisle.

Security video from the store shows a man carrying the girl away, releasing her after she struggled to get away.

Pesnell says Woods faces a charge of attempted kidnapping and was out on parole after being convicted of voluntary manslaughter in a suburban Atlanta county.

Atlanta TV station WAGA reports Woods said he is innocent and denied the abduction attempt as he was being led into jail.

• by Kathy on Feb 10, 2012 at 03:22 AM
    This is my worst nightmare. I NEVER allowed my son to go to the toy aisle or just roam the store until he was 18. He hated that I over-protected him but I would just tell him that to protect my heart, I had to protect him. I would not even allow him to sleep over at other kid's houses so they all came to ours.
  • by Wharf Rat Location: OIB on Feb 9, 2012 at 08:07 PM
    I don`t care what anybody says, if the old chain gang was reinstated, this junk would STOP! 10 hours in the weather, every day, chopping the miles of highways in N.C. with a bush hook and trigger-happy guards watching, would stop this insanity! A 30 lb. ball of iron attached to the leg of thugs, a nice meal of saltines and potted meat before bedtime with no a.c. would leave a memory to last a lifetime!!
  • by Fed Up Location: Greenville on Feb 9, 2012 at 07:50 PM
    They should let the father have 5 mins with him alone.
  • by JUDGE ROY BEAN Location: where i`m needed on Feb 9, 2012 at 05:52 PM
    This could have been my grandaughter. Send him to me!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 9, 2012 at 03:46 PM
    they should kill anyone that kills another human i am a dad of 2 little girls i never let them out of my sight now matter what but if that had been one of my little girls the only thing the cops would have needed when they showed up at walmart would be a body bag cause he would not have made it out of there alive
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Feb 9, 2012 at 04:25 PM in reply to
      Being a good parent is a full-time job. Keep your eye on your girls 24/7...it's tough, but it pays off. The teen years are the hardest, cuz you have to let go a little bit when they start to date; just give their dates the old 'parlor test', like my Dad did (what are your ambitions? What do your parents do? where are you going, and have her home by 11:00)...Best of luck. I'm sure you'll be a Great Dad.
        by Kathy on Feb 10, 2012 at 03:25 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        I did the same thing of the girls my son dated. I would not let him go out until I met the girl first and put her through "wringer" as my son says. Some girls were put out but I told them that my son was priceless and could not be duplicated and they were going out with him but taking my heart along too.
      by Fed Up on Feb 9, 2012 at 07:51 PM in reply to
      True Very True
  • by gypsy's gmama Location: enc on Feb 9, 2012 at 03:18 PM
    I agree with Kris. Dad justice is the way to go. We don't need more prisons, we need to make examples out of these creeps! A few hangings, firing squads and you'd be surprised how effective it would be. Make the prisons less comfortable and see if they repeat offend like this guy. Don't we still have the right to bear arms???
  • by 40some on Feb 9, 2012 at 01:27 PM
    You aren't supposed to let your kids roam around walmart? I thought the staff was there to babysit.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 9, 2012 at 01:06 PM
    I have gotten a backpack buddy (with strap)for my baby. She will wear it everywhere (until she's 22yo at least too lol)
  • by pete Location: Grifton on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    I was in my car in the piggly wiggly parking lot in Ayden last week.two badly malnourished white women were in a hurry to get in the grocery a little 3 to 4 year old little girl was behind them 2 to 3 car lengths she could have been run over or abducted the women never looked back to check on the little girl.My 4 month granddaughter was in the car seat in my car and I was watching her while my wife was grocery shopping. some people just get to me.it's called neglect.
  • by kris Location: Chocowinity on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    I'm tired of all these remarks about building more prisons. the hell with that. look at his record. he shouldn't of been on parole. I'm a dad of 3. let someone try to kidnap my babies. or rape them or anything to hurt them or thinking of it. there wont I mean they WONT BE A TRIAL!!! ill serve dad justice
    bout tired of my frigging tax money giving these criminals a home .......
      by Fed Up on Feb 9, 2012 at 07:54 PM in reply to kris
      True very true Let the parents have them for 5 mins and the courts can have whats left.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138995539 - witn.com/a?a=138995539